Florida-Central Florida
Options

Pre Cana question for the Catholic ladies

Do I have to go directly through my church to register for pre cana? Although I was raised Catholic I have been attending a nondenominational church this past year & have not been active in my former church much. FI's uncle is marrying us, he is not Catholic but has asked that we attend premarriage counseling of some sort, of our choosing. Because we are not having a Catholic ceremony it is important to my dad that we at least go through pre cana through the Catholic church, which we are more than happy to do. I just feel odd going back to my church to be like so.... I know we don't attend church here and all... but can you set this up/okay this/etc. There's a number listed on the diocese of Orlando website... Can I just call them and set it up directly with them without having to go through the church? Thanks in advance ladies!! :) 

Re: Pre Cana question for the Catholic ladies

• Options
    Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you should be able to call them directly.  Annunciation actually told us to do it that way.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They allow anyone to attend, just call the Archdiocese.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Totally the answer I wanted, thanks for the speedy reply ladies! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is interesting Maggie because we have been working with Jody directly at annuncation but that might  be because we are doing our pre-cana out of state.
  • Options
    Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_pre-cana-question-catholic-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:6ba911de-7bdb-4be9-b5e9-b555ef02acecPost:fe43d283-6339-402c-81f2-0d554323c50d">Re: Pre Cana question for the Catholic ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is interesting Maggie because we have been working with Jody directly at annuncation but that might  be because we are doing our pre-cana out of state.
    Posted by irisheyezfsu[/QUOTE]

We are working directly with Jody for everything but for the pre cana she gave us the contact information for Judy Manning at the Diocese of Orlando as they schedule/coordinate the classes.  Ultimately we did our pre cana  in Lakeland at the Church of the Resurrection because it was available prior to the Orlando dates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards