Maryland-Baltimore

Silver Swan Bayside/The Oaks/Other Eastern Shore Venues

I am looking for a waterfront venue on the Eastern Shore of MD, and was wondering if anyone had information about the two venues I listed (Silver Swan Bayside and The Oaks.) Any information would be greatly appreciated, but I am particularly interested in pricing. My mom and I want to visit venues in a couple weeks, but I really don't want to fall in love with a place that is out of our price range (I already sort of did this with Chesapeake Bay Beach Club.)

Also, if anyone has any other good ideas for waterfront Eastern Shore venues, I would appreciate it greatly! TIA!

Re: Silver Swan Bayside/The Oaks/Other Eastern Shore Venues

• MEGS_UMDMEGS_UMD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I still have the emails from Silver Swan Bayside and The Oaks that I can forward to you if you want - just let me know the email address.

Also, I just got married at Kent Manor Inn over the past weekend and it is waterfront to Thompson Creek so feel free to let me know if you would like information for that venue as well.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_silver-swan-baysidethe-oaksother-eastern-shore-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:4fb6a3bf-3088-4f6b-b8c8-e6bbf5a4b810Post:57b91ce0-45a4-4c75-bd3e-664475d42f48">Re: Silver Swan Bayside/The Oaks/Other Eastern Shore Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still have the emails from Silver Swan Bayside and The Oaks that I can forward to you if you want - just let me know the email address. Also, I just got married at Kent Manor Inn over the past weekend and it is waterfront to Thompson Creek so feel free to let me know if you would like information for that venue as well.
    Posted by MEGS_UMD[/QUOTE]

Thank you! That would be awesome. My email is <a href="mailto:Littledaybreaker@gmail.com">Littledaybreaker@gmail.com</a>. I would love the info for Kent Manor Inn as well. Thanks again, and congratulations :)
  • edited December 2011

I dont know much about the Oaks, but I did visit Silver Swan Bayside. It is sooo pretty, but I wasn't happy when the customer service/pricing/change of management stuff. Prior to visiting I had emailed the guy back and forth about dates/pricing, ect. He told me they had my ideal date available, and gave me pricing. Once we got there we told him we wanted a small intimate wedding and his head pretty much turned around. Once we got there the price changed, he requotted me everything and said my date was taken but he had some Fridays or Sundays available. Which in my mind went to, I dont want to have a small wedding come in on a Saturday night when I could have a possible big one. Thats fine, I understand minimums, but say it before getting me down there. Then come to find out it has changed into a few different places in the past 6 years, going out of business/changing management ect.

If you are looking on the water on the western shore I would check out Chespakea Beach Resort and Spa, still semi close (right around prince frederick) and so far one of the nicer/less expensive waterview venues I found when searching.

Good luck! And Congrats!!

• edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married next April at Silver Swan.  We fell in love with it right away.  It is a little more reasonably priced than some of the other Kent Island options, and the view is incredible.  You save on pricing there by having your wedding off-season (April, for us) or keeping it small (<100 ppl).  These 2 factors will save us $2000. 
    They must have different management than before.  We met with Taylor, who won me over instantly.  A friend of mine got married there last summer, and also worked with her, and he barely had any problems.  They were renovating when we went for our first visit, so any interior pictures you find are no longer accurate.  We are going back some time in May to see it again, and I hope to take some pictures then.

Denise
    Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info everyone, I greatly appreciate it!

lrkutney-I agree that CBR&S is a beautiful venue.. I grew up in Chesapeake Beach and North Beach (the adjacent town), so I love the area. I may end up going that direction, we'll see. Thanks :)
  • beautifulbizbeautifulbiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AHHH Becky&Chris, your post reads as if I wrote it myself! I too fell in love with Chesapeake Beach Club but found out my guest list of $175 people would cost about $40k+!!! OUTRAGEOUS! I had emailed with silver swan and herrington on the bay... I"m still not sure if I can have a wedding of this size under $20k which is my venue budget.  Any other suggestions anyone has to meet this budget with this many people? I'd rather have a saturday evening but, wow, dates avail and pricing are blowing my mind!
  • edited December 2011
    I know, CBBC is beautiful and gets great reviews, it is definitely my dream venue, but unless I win the lottery in the next few months, it's not gonna happen. We had a guest list of ~240 and growing, and then yesterday my dad told us that due to some recent circumstances with my family, he won't be able to contribute as much (family issues are obviously way more important than our wedding), so we are looking at an even smaller budget right now. So FI and I went through and made a ton of guest list cuts (we are aiming to invite only 150 now) and we are looking at less expensive venues now as well. My mom and I are going to look at venues next Saturday, so I'll let you know what I find! You can definitely have a wedding that size for $20k, you are just going to have to make good choices! If you read these boards, there are brides who had weddings with similar guest lists for $5k, so you can definitely do it!
  • edited December 2011
    Becky&Chris- I'd love that info as well. It seems like people don't want to post their prices online...annoying! Like if they get me there, I'll pay it. Sorry, budget is budget! Anyway, my email is staciereeder@gmail.com. Thanks a ton and congrats!

Stacie
  • edited December 2011
    Kent manor inn and silver swan bayside were two places that i heard were amazing and wanted to get some information on, my fiance and i had to bump up our wedding due to miliary leave and we dont have all that much time to look at places that we cant afoord, i would appreciate any information on these two that anyone can offer.
    Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    Jacquelyneve-
    How many people are you inviting?  Our guest list is smaller (no more than 100 people), and by going the seated dinner route with SSB our reception will be around 14k + gratuity. They have buffet and station options as well.  As I said before, the cost would go up if we went over the 100 guest mark.  Also, our wedding will be in April, which is off-season for them, so that saved us a little money.  Depending on your budget, you should make an appointment to meet with them.  You can go in there and say "this is what I want and this is what I have to work with," and they might be able to work to your budget.  At least, that's the impression we've gotten from them so far.

My FI visited KMI without me.  It was also very nice, and had a lot of options as far as catering, but they were a little higher priced than we were comfortable with.  However, I know someone personally who got married there, as well as others on the boards who were very happy with this venue.

If you have the time, visit.  Most of the venues we visited were not pushy at all when it came to booking, and when you visit, they lay out all of the cost for you.  Hope this helps.

DLD
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• tinabud11tinabud11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Does anyone else have an upcoming wedding at the Silver Swan and are you having problems with them changing pricing and lack of communication at the last minute? 

• edited December 2011
    We just had our wedding there.  They went through some changes in management, and I was a little concerned.  But WOW the wedding went fantastic!  No problems, Joanne was great, and I just thought the service and especially the food were incredible!  I think they have worked out the gliches and you should do fine.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there,
    Sorry to rehash the conversation, but I would love to get the same info as above -- i.e. pricing for Eastern Shore MD venues.  I'm thinking of Silver Swan Bayside, Herrington on the Bay, The Oaks, Celebrations at the Bay, and Kent Manor Inn specifically, but am open to others as well!  Am expecting 200 people, and targeting a Saturday evening in-season.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards