Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Succop conservancy!!!

So this a place i would love to check out for the wedding and reception. If anyone has  anything information about it or if they did there shindig here please let me know. I have a list of around 5 places i want to visit and then i will make my decision.
8/13/11

Re: Succop conservancy!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe greenet had her wedding there. I'm not sure if she still checks the board, but you could try paging her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have an appointment to check it out there on Saturday!  I already looked at The Atrium last week and loved it, but I still want to see what the Succop Conservancy has to offer.  What other places are you looking at?  I'll let you know how it goes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey Deanette i actualy have a meeting friday morning to check out the conservatory. My aunt just recommended the atruim. My biggest question is how is the reception. Like can u have it outside or in a green house. Im avoiding the ball room type receptions.
    8/13/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Puppies4: The greenhouse area is pretty small, I think... we didn't look at it, but the reception area is more of a "hall", but the overall feel of the Atrium is nice.  The reception area is very neutral and simple, which I liked.  It's not like most hotels or banquet rooms with colored walls/carpet/chairs.  Cocktails are served in the main lobby/atrium which is really pretty, and there's a nice area out back with tables and chairs for people to hang out.  I don't think they do outdoor tents or anything like Succop Conservancy would do.  

I also really wanted to get more info on Betsy's Barn (over near McConnell's Mills), but they didn't return my multiple calls/emails, so I gave up.  

So did you visit Succop Conservancy this morning?  How did you like it?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK yeah thats sounds pretty for the atrium....as for the conservory we went yesterday and it was pretty nice. THere is 2 ponds to do the wedding outside, i would love to do it by one pond that had a huge willow tree. Also there is a tent for people with over like 130 people in the reception..i have 100 so all i would need is the pavillion. After the wedding they give you the entire house so everyone can eat cookies and such and drink and  have a cocktail hour while you take photos. and the caterers are included in the price....for me i have 100 so that would come to be 6000 dollars for the property, tables, chairs, food. I dont know know if the caterers will include china in the price i have to look at the stuff again. Another thing that bugged be is you had to be literally out at 10. they were really stricked on this. I went to see armstrong farms the day before and i really liked that more but the only thing is it would probably be more expensive haha.

i went to check out betseys barn last summer and i loved the barn the only thing is if you have only 50 people coming to the ceremony they would have to stand outside of the gazzebo. Its really tiny and i wanted everyone to sit. Do you have to look at any other places yet??? It seems you and are on the same page with ideas.

Im acutally going to check out the aviary in pittsburgh on wednesday and im super excited. its 800 for ceremony and 1000 for the reception. you can pay 200 to make it last till 11....which i like alot and you get to go to all the exhibits with all your guests. they even bring out the birds and penquines!!! i hope everything goes well with this. The ceremony would be in a rose garden and the reception would be under a huge white tent. you get full access to everything!

8/13/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We visited the Conservancy this morning and we loved it - it is actually about the same price, if not a tiny bit cheaper than The Atrium, and we liked the feel of it much more.  We'd be having probably around 175 people.  You're actually looking at the same date as us.  :)  They seem to book up fast - we put a hold on a few dates but someone else is ahead of us on all of them, so hopefully they'll make a decision fast so we can get whatever date they don't pick.  

Good luck and hope you find something you love!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there... let me know if you have any questions. I have a lot of suggestions but overall it is a really nice place
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah! My first post! 

Sorry - anywho...

My hair-dresser actually just got married there this past October, and from the pictures I saw, it was beautiful.  I think I might have my heart set on the place myself, even though I haven't seen it yet or done any research.

The 10 p.m. curfew thing kinda sucks, but really, they do need to clean up, so it's understandable. If anyone has any other info or suggestions for this place, I'd love to hear them, considering I am truly just getting started!  Thanks for the info ladies! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards