Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Ugh Frustration

So I am pretty frustrated today..  Mainly because my mom is driving me insane.  I gave her all the information to give to the people she wants to invite.  Then she was going on and on about how December is such an inconvient time for everyone because it is so close to christmas.  I told her it was my decision and if they want to be there they will be there.

Then she starts bringing up other things,  You should UPS your dress and Petes suit,  You need to find a really nice bathing suit for the wedding day do everyone knows, have you looked at invitations yet, you should UPS bubbles or something.  Did pete tell his parents yet, that could affect your relationship with them.  

Everything is a year away!  it is so frustrating and I know my mom is just trying to be thoughtful and helpful.  As for petes parents I told her that is his decision on when and how to tell him and I can not force him to tell them and it is not my place to tell them.  I told my parents so he needs to tell his. ( he does kee putting it off because he knows they won't be happy with the decision) 

But AHHHHHHHHH  my mom needs to come down for 5 minutes! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ugh Frustration

• Options
    Hugs! Hopefully once it all sinks in she will chill out a little bit. I would only say that the longer you put off telling the other family the stickier that is going to get. Are they going to be upset that your family knew so much earlier than they got to find out?

Good luck!

My mom still makes little comments here and there to let me know she isn't super pleased with our plans but she has definitely passed the freak out phase :)
  • Options
    HAHA my mom is thrilled this is what we are doing and no Petes parents won't be upset that we waited so long.  Mainly because pete won't mention that part to them..   We live with my family so they obviously find out things a lot sooner.  They are going to freak out either way because the last time we even mentioned the idea of a destination wedding they were less than thrilled.  But I guess we will figure everything out.  

As for my mom I told her to calm down a little but I doubt she will.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Moms do this a lot during weddings and it is so nervewracking. I'm not going to lie and say it always gets better but it sometimes does. Our moms sound similiar- my mom "behaved" up until this last month or so. She stresses me out more than the wedding but it's best to just be a bridechilla and take it in with big deep breaths, lol. 

PS. everyone bitched about my December wedding and I wound up having a total guest count of 53 people (for a wedding 3 days before Christmas). Yeah. People who want to be there will. Those that can't make it, well, their loss. The end! Don't stress about it!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards