Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement Ring Scare?

I've only been engaged since April and sometimes don't handle my ring in the smartest ways. I recenty went to the movies and was unconciously playing with my ring, sliding it off and on my finger and I accidentally dropped it and heard it clinking down the slope. I was scared to death and have no clue what happened the rest of the movie. The second the movie ended and the lights came on our party was searching for it and thank God we found it quickly but I thought I was going to have a heart attack. My sister lost hers in a swimming pool on vacation and luckily other vacationers helped her find it. I've now learned never to take it off in public and not to wear it in a swimming pool.I was curious has anyone else had any engagement ring scares?

Re: Engagement Ring Scare?

• Options
    I do all the time with my other rings because I know they are fake, but not this one... I AM SOOO CAREFUL, because I know I am like you lol. Do you think it may be too big? It shouldn't be that easyto slide on and off. Maybe go down a half size?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good point Lil, it does come off easily. It couldn't hurt to have it sized smaller. I was at a hockey game last weekend and had to keep telling myself do not TOUCH that ring, playing with my rings is a habit I need to break asap.
  • Options
    I've never had a scare IRL but I had a dream/nightmare just like that, where I lost my ring in a movie theatre.
  • Options
    I also play with my rings, but I try not to mess with my e-ring.  I did have a scare shortly after I got it.  I was so excited about it that I wore it to sleep...I woke up in the morning and it wasn't on my finger.  I was freaking out, I stood up and heard it fall on the floor.  Way less scary than dropping it at the movie theater, but none the less I no longer wear my ring to bed. 
  • Options
    I haven't. I more stare at it rather than play with it...but I've read on these boards where they lost the diamond out of their ring(can you imagine your diamond being gone...specially if you didn't buy the diamond where you bought the setting or something like that) My fiance has had trouble with his promise rings. He takes em off sometimes and then they disappear, but he finds em later. I heard of ladies loosing theyre rings down the sink while doing dishes too (yikes!)
  • Options
    I haven't nearly lost the ring, but I had a scare one day with the diamond.. I was just sitting at my desk at work, and tapping my hand on the desk while I was thinking, when I realized that my ring was rattling. I looked down and one claw had come completely loose and a second one looking like it was about to follow. I took it off immediately and stored it until I got to the jeweller to have it fixed. He said there was fabric on the claw and it looked like I'd caught it on a white sweater. I often hold it up to my ear and shake it now, particularly after getting dressed, just see hear if it's rattling..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Never happened to me!  I never take mine off unless I'm cleaning it and I made sure it was the correct size so it wouldn't fall off.  It may be easier if you just didn't take it off at all so you wouldn't get in a habit of accidentally taking it off.  Also, maybe you should get it sized a little smaller so you don't have to worry about it falling off.  That would be horrible if you really lost it!
  • Options
    I was on a cruise over the summer and a couple that ate dinner at our table had one hell of a scare.  He just proposed during the vacation, and the ring hadn't been properly sized to her finger.  She wore it in the ocean and it came right off her hand.  They spent hours and had a whole search party before they finally found it in the sand.  They were still hysterical that night at dinner.  I felt so sorry for them.
  • Options
    I would recommend everyone to get their e-ring insured so that in case you do lose it, you're covered.
  • Options
    I have had three nightmares about losing or breaking my ring, and have even begun daydreaming about losing it. It's getting sized right now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I did that on cruise I was on with my family. I NEVER take my ring off. (I have insurance on it and all cost to maintain it are paid for so I don't take it off) I was so tired from a day in the sun that I took off all of my jewelry including my ring. I went to bed and didn't notice it until I was at the help desk waiting and went to play with it...... omg it wasn't there. I have never climbed 8 flights of stairs so fast in my life. Luckily it was still sitting on the counter in my cabin.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards