Kentucky

Cakes - Cheaper than $2.00 a slice?

I'm disillusioned when I have looked up several of the bakeries in Lexington, to find that they charge $2.50 - $4.50 a SLICE for cake.  I would prefer to spend less than $2.00 if possible.  I don't want anything fancy - and would definitely prefer butter-cream frosting over fondant.  Anyone know of any places that will charge $2.00 or less a slice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cakes - Cheaper than $2.00 a slice?

• jzilljzill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of any particular places that do cake at less than $2.00 per slice, but if you can't find a place you like that does, maybe you could have a smaller cake and then have sheet cakes (which are way cheaper) in the back.  Tons of bakeries will do them in the same flavor as your wedding cake, so nobody should even taste a difference. Good luck though!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Donut Days on Southland. 
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If cake isn't a big deal to you, try Sam's or WalMart.  I love their cakes and they're pretty cheap!
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking into a place in nicholasville called gourmet goodies.  you could ask them. I don't remember their exact price, but I think they were good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jzilljzill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Gourmet Goodies is $2.50 a slice.  I'm thinking of getting my cake there too.  I tasted some of their flavors at one of the bridal shows and they were soooo good.  Plus, they only use buttercream which I think is way more delicious than fondant.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't tried any of their flavors yet. I went in to ask about catering and the cake lady was there. She said that their cake slices are larger than other peoples. Maybe you can order less cake then?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your feedback.  I actually went to Donut Days today.  They did my sister's cake a few years ago, too.  They do not charge per slice, just a flat fee that includes any flavors and decoration.  It seems like a great deal.  The cake decorator wasn't there, but I talked to a man that I think was the owner, and he was very helpful and informative.  He seemed excited to share information, and told me he delivers all the cakes himself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards