Nevada-Las Vegas

Golf Course Wedding

Has anyone had their wedding either at Paiute Golf Course or Angel Park Golf Course? I saw both and thought they were beautiful in different ways. I am trying to decide which venue to have our wedding at.

Re: Golf Course Wedding

• Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Badlands Golf Course.  I looked into both those two, I thought Angel Park looked beautiful but they told me they couldn't guarantee we could have it there until 3 months out, which I wasn't comfortable with.  Can't remember why we didn't go with Paiute, would have to look at my notes which are on my work email.

Overall I think both would be beautiful! 
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd also recommend Cili at Bali Hai golf course.  www.cili.com
  • edited December 2011
    My friend got married at Angel Park and the ceremony was pretty. My biggest issue was that its a public course and they had no control over things. So people were literally driving golf carts between us and the photographer while we were taking photos. The food was surprisingly good though!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_golf-course-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7e4a3720-a2fb-4b60-bba6-6f51e2aebbf8Post:096a84d1-1be0-4035-80f2-70753b4623af">Re: Golf Course Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend got married at Angel Park and the ceremony was pretty. My biggest issue was that its a public course and they had no control over things. So people were literally driving golf carts between us and the photographer while we were taking photos. <strong>The food was surprisingly good though</strong>!
    Posted by theanglfac[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of the courses still stay open to the public, so I'd try to have the ceremony later (ours is at 5), and also obviously depends how much traffic is around the ceremony sites, so a more private area would be better.  No clue how private ours is, think it's just out on the course somewhere.

Why was the food surprisingly good though, are they known to have bad food or something?
  • BA11BA11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Angel Park stays open in the evening and has the lights on for golfers. That is definitely a concern for me. But we absolutely loved the ceremony site. I am curious as well about the food comment. Cili looks really nice but we are planning for 100 people and I think it will be too expensive for us. Sara- that is interesting that they told you that they couldn't guarantee you until 3 months out. I may have to ask them about that.

• edited December 2011
    Angel Park has different "rules" now, I am getting married there next april. They told me they close it off to the public I think 2 hours before your ceremony starts, and they dont do any ceremony earlier than 6 pm. The ceremony site is absolutely amazing! There is a small waterfall right behind the altar and has beautiful mountain and strip views. And its nice that most things are included in the price you pay there. They have many different food options, and include your linens and center pieces on reception tables. Theresa is great to work with too. She has great enthusiasm!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at pauite in may next year I haven't seen it in real life as we are in uk but they have been great to deal with so far and the price is good, we are not having our reception there though
  • edited December 2011
    Surprisingly good, as in the steak tasted like it cam from a steak house and not a banquet hall.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_golf-course-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7e4a3720-a2fb-4b60-bba6-6f51e2aebbf8Post:6f641a86-bfdb-4d9b-840c-f9b700c6f776">Re: Golf Course Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel Park stays open in the evening and has the lights on for golfers. That is definitely a concern for me. But we absolutely loved the ceremony site. I am curious as well about the food comment. Cili looks really nice but we are planning for 100 people and I think it will be too expensive for us. Sara- that is interesting that they told you that they couldn't guarantee you until 3 months out. I may have to ask them about that.
    Posted by BA11[/QUOTE]

Yeah they said they have to makes sure there would be no golf conventions or something like that, conventions is probably the wrong word, basically no big golf events.  Not sure if that's because Oct. is such a busy month for things though. 

Also, check out Silverstone or Badlands, Courtney has been great to work with and their prices aren't bad at all.  More weddings have been done at Silverstone with all great reviews, but we're going with Badlands.  Let me know if any questions!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Cili on the Bali Hai Golf Course in September and so far everything is fantastic! Highly recommend taking a look.
  • BA11BA11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Silverstone and Badlands look really nice. Being from Maryland, I love the idea of having water in the background of our ceremony like at Angel Park.  
  • jkhoutzjkhoutz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget the Revere up in Anthem (Henderson). It sits up on a hill overlooking all of Las Vegas. Gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_golf-course-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7e4a3720-a2fb-4b60-bba6-6f51e2aebbf8Post:63934bb3-ddba-4f3a-806d-269b4454b020">Re: Golf Course Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! Silverstone and Badlands look really nice. Being from Maryland, I love the idea of having water in the background of our ceremony like at Angel Park.  
    Posted by BA11[/QUOTE]

The only had a couple problems with Badlands (Angel Park is litterally across the street). First off, the "new" coordinator was 30 mins late for my appt with her (not ok by me), not a good first impression to start. Then she was seriously all over the place like a crazy woman! Then when we began to talk about pricing she kept saying over and over that they were redoing the pricing (which is fine) but she couldnt give me any estimates to about what it would be. Ok, I understand if you are in the process of changing your pricing, I have no problem with it, but when I asked if specific things would be included (as they said they would in the mock contract she gave me) she kept going back and forth or beating around the bush about it. It was a very stressful meeting with her. Tanya, I think her name was. I dont know, that first meeting with her was my last, she stressed me out just asking her questions, and after that I realized that I didnt want my whole "special day" to be ran by a woman that seemed to be disorganized seeing as how I am very type A, and organized. I was over it. BUT, the golf course grounds were very nice, and the views were pretty, a few houses, but a good photographer could just photoshop them out!
  • BA11BA11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called Angel Park and asked them about the golfers. Basically, they don't shut down the area for the golfers but they try to do the best they can to keep them out of sight in the vicinity of the ceremony site. She also advised me to let our photographers know there are golfers around and to try to work around them, It isn't ideal but I still love the venue so I am hoping it will be ok if we decide to go with them.
  • edited December 2011
    For those of you looking into Silverstone, Tanya is super disorganized, so even the beauty of the course did not convince me to have my wedding their. I felt like i was meeting with a used-car sales-woman, she was nice but unfocused. 

I'm having my wedding at Angel Park in May. At a golf course there is always the risk there will be golfers around on the course, however a  good photographer will pay attention and keep them out of the pictures...Angel Park had by far the best ceremony location out of the 6 golf courses I looked at. Their food is also very cheap and I've had lunch there and the food is great. They also include centerpieces and let you bring in decorations, they don't have tons of rules about what you can and cannot bring in. 

My second favorite course of Wildhorse, the event planner is very nice and organized and professional, the only reason we aren't having it their is because their ceremony location isn't nearly as pretty as Angel Park, however their reception room in my opinion is nicer because it is upstairs. Hope this review helsp
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards