Christian Weddings
Options

NWR: New Home Church (long)

Long story short- FI and I belonged to a non-denominational Christian church in our area. This was my first ever "home church" since I was not raised in a God-centered house or family. I saught Christ and was saved when I was 22 years old (about 3 years ago now). This was my first church, my favorite place. I taught Bible sunday school there, volunteered, went to my small group, even got baptized there- you name it. When FI and I planned to get married we thought of no where else to do it than this church. Unfortunately the church had other ideas and for a very judgemental and hurtful reason- they told us they would not marry us. We were very very hurt by their decision. After prayer, forgiveness and a second chance- we realized that we still needed to move on and find a new home church.

(In the meantime we decided to get married at a friend's church and do our pre-marriage counseling with her Pastor who we love- but this church was never going to be "home" just a nice place to have the wedding)

We found a new church, about the same distance from us as our original one. We've been there a few times and we LOVE it. Everyone is so welcoming and warm. It turns out that next Sat they are having an "Extravagent Love Brunch" which is for married/engaged couples to hear a sermon about keeping an Extravagent love with God and with your spouse in your marriage. They have a HUGE marriage ministry and I think this is the PERFECT place to finish off my engagement and start my wedding! Pray that this place is where God wants us to be as we embark and this very special journey :)

I just wanted to share with you girls :)
There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NWR: New Home Church (long)

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you found somewhere that finally makes you feel at home!! It sounds like the new Church is really great and it's awesome they have a big marriage ministry! 

God always has a plan!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes He does! Of course when you are being hurt and can't understand what's going on- we question God's plan for us. But when he reveals it in a way like this- It's amazing!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am really sorry to hear that the other church hurt you. 

but i am overjoyed that you found this new church. it sounds like a PERFECT fit!!! (; (: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome find on the New home church!  It's hard to rebound when you are hurt by another church, but I'm so glad you have kept looking and found one that fits you so well!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It took us a while to find the right church after we got married but we finally found one.  So I'm understand how you can be super excited to find one that fits the two of you.  And it's so exciting that they have programs focused on marriage since that is appropriate for this time in your life.  YAY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes God puts us in a place for a season to grow us and prepare us for what is next to come.  I'm happy that you and your FI have found a new church with a solid marriage ministry to start off your lives together!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-new-home-church-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:16c56211-4633-4562-b01d-6b2aa356eb64Post:ad9b4ee7-dd04-4e38-951d-e14dfa19324b">Re: NWR: New Home Church (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes God puts us in a place for a season to grow us and prepare us for what is next to come.  I'm happy that you and your FI have found a new church with a solid marriage ministry to start off your lives together!
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

This!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So awesome that you found a place you love! Congrats! I will pray that it is the perfect fit for you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards