Canada-Ontario
Options

Flat rate open bar

Next question -- anyone know of reception venues that charge a flat rate per person for open bar, rather than adding all the drinks to the bill at the end?

I know of one place that does this. It's the Granite Brewery at Eglinton & Mount Pleasant. Just wondering if anyone can think of another one off the top of their heads.

Re: Flat rate open bar

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of venues have a flat rates for open bars, but I think what you are looking for (from previous posts) may be a bit harder to find that sort of thing.  Our reception is at the Royal York and we are paying a flat rate per person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool, thanks -- most of the places I've checked out want us to pay for drinks individually if it's open bar. Flat rate per person is what I was thinking of, yes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most of the venues we looked at, and the one we went with, were per person flat rate. Any hotel or golf club seems to give the option.
  • Options
    rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    every hotel I went to had a set price.  that was downtown Toronto
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crazy! I must be looking in the wrong places, then. Thanks.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most banquet halls and hotels charge a flat rate per head. There was one venue we visited - the Rosehill - that gave us the choice of flat rate or consumption bar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same here - most places we looked at offered a per person open bar price. However, the price differences were incredible! Definitely get the details (what's included/not) and how much it'll add to the bill. Some of the nicer non-hotel/banquet hall places were really expensive and I bet consumption would have been cheaper. 
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Almost all of the major banquet halls in the GTA offer a flat price per person.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    AlbireoAlbireo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found out that Bluffers in Scarborough has a very reasonably priced package including an open bar. Gonna go check them out soon.
  • Options
    AlbireoAlbireo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, I want this to happen so badly. Has anyone here used or considered the Academy of Spherical Arts? That would just rock. I've sent them a query and I'm hoping they're not too expensive.

(Whoops, er -- hi, I'm BrendaAndEric, I wanted to grab a screen name without my name in it.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you decide to go downtown instead of Scarborough...  Check out the Delta Chelsea's package.  I looked and compared a bunch of different places, but they offer the most bang for your buck.  The stuff they include is unbelievable, but to answer your question, the per person price includes a 6 hour open bar during the reception. unlimited house wine with dinner and a cocktail hour with unlimited punch (with alcohol and without)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Liberty Grand, they also offer a flat per person rate.
  • Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered the academy for my wedding.  I liked that it was different; not your typical banquet hall.  The only thing was that one room could not accomodate our size...we would need to spill into 2 rooms.  I did not like that idea.  But I definitely think the place is cool.  You should get in contact with them for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards