Missouri-Kansas City

Crowne Plaza Downtown KC?

Hello!

I just recently got engaged and started looking at venues in KC for my wedding next year.  From pictures online I really liked Crowne Plaza Downtown but I've never been there.  I am planning this wedding from across the country so I don't know when I will be able to visit the venue.  Has anyone ever attended a wedding or stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Downtown? 

Thanks in advance. 

Re: Crowne Plaza Downtown KC?

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding there, but I have stayed there.  The staff was very nice and helpful and my suite was very nice!
  • eneh2012eneh2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks that's good to know! 
  • edited December 2011
    If this is the hotel I am thinking of, the top floor has a ballroom that overlooks the city skyline.  I've been to a wedding and a holiday company party there and it was great!  I am not sure of all the amenities such as parking for guests, hotel room rates, etc but I think it's worth looking into.  I had looked at it for my wedding venue but we decided to go a completely different route with hosting at a brewery rather than a hotel.  Good luck!
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
  • edited December 2011
    For clarification, I meant we considered it for our reception venue.  I don't know that they will do ceremony and reception there.
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes that is the hotel! That is why I like it because of the great view.  I haven't gotten a chance to see it in person yet but I take it you liked it when you saw it.  

Thanks! 
  • edited December 2011
    I know the venue pretty well and I've been to events there at the ballroom.  It's been under different names, so I believe it was a Doubletree when I was there last for an event.  We have decided to use it for our hotel accomadations.  The layout is a little odd for a venue but the view is GREAT. I would recommend asking for a layout for your expected guests to make sure it's what you're wanting.  It's contemporary and nice looking on the inside.  So far, I have nothing but good things to say about their staff.  It's one of the few hotels downtown that have an outdoor pool!  The rooms are clean and well kept.  Let me know if this helped or if you need more help! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Micaela Yes that is very helpful thank you! The layout is one of the things that concerned me about the location.  Right now I am really debating if we are even going to go with them because their food and drink minimum is really high.  Higer than even the Hyatt nearby.  I'm hoping I can work something out with them.  
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, with hotels that is one thing that is always a drag but you're right, it is lower than the Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton.  You can negotiate that and other things that may help you out.  There are other places as well and I'd be happy to give you some more feedback, as would others on this board! 
  • edited December 2011
    I went looking there with my sister. The view is amazing!  It's pricey, but beautiful
  • edited December 2011
    Crowne Plaza is a really beautiful hotel. Plus you have all the intrigue and great spots to hit in downtown before getting to the reception. As a photographer, I'm all about the feel of certain atmospheres and how they compliment your personality on your wedding day. If you're a really classy gal who loves the glitz of urban skylines and lifestyles, Crowne Plaza is just the place to go. Lots of great fountains and awesome vistas in downtown KC too! Make sure you pick a spot that really speaks to you, and visit it at least once if you can. Best wishes! Amanda

Amanda M Kar | Amkar Photography | St. Louis, MO | www.amkarphoto.com
  • vcastellvcastell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at having my reception there.  We are inviting 250 guests and they said the space could accomodate everyone, but after looking at it, the space was much too small.  I would recommend it for a wedding of 150-200 guests maximum.  Otherwise the view is great and the hotel is nice.
    Photo courtesy of Norland Studios www.norlandstudios.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I just saw it in person today.  It's nice but like others said logistically there are some issues with the space.  It's kind of awkward.  The only thing I can say that I really liked was the view of downtown.  I think we are going to go with another venue.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards