Massachusetts-Boston

Has anyone been to Bayside in Nahant?

FI and I are trying to keep wedding costs as low as we can since we're trying to save for a house. He recently found and suggested Bayside function hall in Nahant. It looks a little dated to me in the pictures but I wanted to see if anyone on here has used them or been to a wedding there? Any comments are appreciated!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone been to Bayside in Nahant?

• edited March 2012
    EDIT:  sorry, just realized Nahant not Nantasket.   But maybe this will be helpful to someone.

I haven't been there.  But I just signed for our wedding at the Seadog Brew Pub in Hull's private floor called the Bay View for this Sept.  I hope it goes well!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bay-View/130410690310364

http://seadoghull.com/functions.html

They are revamping the menu, but Buffet was $30ish/person. 
    Room rental is $750 and covers valet parking and linens.

• I haven't been to a function there, but I did take a tour when I considered using them for my wedding.  What really drew me in was the prices, and that it was surrounded by windows on almost all sides and overlooked the water. 

However when I went to visit, it was much much smaller than I expected it to be.  I remember walking in with my parents and fiance and all of us were shocked that they said they could fit our size group (we are inviting 180 people).  The dance floor looked like it could accommodate about 10 people at any given time.  But depending on how many guests you are inviting and how much you care about the dance floor size, it could work!

• Hi. I recently visited as I am looking for waterfront and their prices are almost too good to be true. The entrance way is just a black awning that says bayside and a parking lot. There is no outdoor space for guests but they said they used peoples yards for pics. It does feel like your are right on the ocean and you can see the skyline of Boston from it. The bar inside looked newer. The inside is just OK though. You'd need to decorate a lot and the curtains were outdated. It's not awful but not great... Just in the middle. They don't offer food tastings, which we didn't like. The cost is great, and if youre not wicked picky it's a great way to save money. We worked out the packages and the all inclusive one for 100 pp is worth it. Good luck!!
  • Thank you everyone for your help! We have a hold on the Groveland Fairways which FI and I both loved. Iwould rather spend a little extra so I don't have to do decorations and we want a place where we can have an outdoor ceremony. Thank you again for your help :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello,

My son's wedding took place at the Bayside Saturday, August 26, 2013. I want to say that it was absolutely beautiful! From the planning stages to working with the various vendors through the wedding day, it was well organized, the venue was just simply magnificent...great sunset and comfortable room on the water with Boston views.

Working with the Bayside team was easy. They were helpful, patient and accommodating throughout it all. They are pros at what they do.

We selected the Royal package and we were very pleased. The vendor selections were outstanding and here again a pleasure to work with. They were well coordinated with the Bayside, making it an enjoyable process.

The flowers were by Darlene in Salem, MA and she did a great job, detailed with stones and pearls, beautiful flower selection. The cake was by D'Amici's in Lynn and I need say no more, yummy!!!!

As for the food, we selected stuffed sole and prime rib. I had the prime rib and it was delicious, tender and flavorful. Feedback on the fish was just as good. All food including six appetizers were served hot and timely, including the warm crusted dinner rolls.

We were very pleased and would highly recommend this venue. I would be surprised if you were disappointed.

Valerie Santoro (Mother of the Groom)
  • Valerie if you read this thank you for your detailed review! Based on your review I will make an appointment to visit Bayside. Although we may want a smaller wedding of 40-50 so I'll have to see if they require min headcount. I'm sitting outside Bayside in my car overlooking water listening to the waves. It would be a plus if they could build out a deck for indoor/ outdoor appeal! We are thinking of a late July 2016 wedding and live nearby in Peabody so thus would be convenient but different for us and guests in terms if location. So important to read you felt good about the staff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards