April 2013 Weddings

wedding changes! :)

Hello fellow april weddings! :) hope everyone's planning is coming along gracefully?! We just decided to go with an all inclusive venue that provides catering and chairs and tables THE WHOLE SHAAABANG! as I said before lol Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this? They are providing the linens, chairs, tables, china, food, serving, place of wedding, and have the option of cash or open bar for the price of 1400. Sounds like a good deal right? I compared it and got an even higher amount when I was having to order everything myself and pay for delivery fees etc! SO excited. If anyone's getting married in houston please let me know if you find a good cake bakery?

Re: wedding changes! :)

• Food and open bar for everyone at $1400?  I have all of that plus my cake and centerpieces but it's $75/pp, not a flat fee.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • not just food and drinks, tables venue servers lighting etc! very good deal! :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-changes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:c51a257d-639f-4325-aaa5-3cdb4da3f3cfPost:81af0d4a-f89c-4a9a-974e-5bb20c17745c">Re: wedding changes! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Food and open bar for everyone at $1400?  I have all of that plus my cake and centerpieces but it's $75/pp, not a flat fee.
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]
  • Depends on how many people you're having.  But yes, for 98% of people, that would be an awesome deal!

What I would do, though, is find out which vendors they're using and check up on them on the BBB, just for my own peace of mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-changes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:c51a257d-639f-4325-aaa5-3cdb4da3f3cfPost:4428e7f4-7c2d-4820-aa4e-183e317891ab">wedding changes! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello fellow april weddings! :) hope everyone's planning is coming along gracefully?! We just decided to go with an all inclusive venue that provides catering and chairs and tables THE WHOLE SHAAABANG! as I said before lol Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this? <strong>They are providing the linens, chairs, tables, china, food, serving, place of wedding, and have the option of cash or open bar for the price of 1400.</strong> Sounds like a good deal right? I compared it and got an even higher amount when I was having to order everything myself and pay for delivery fees etc! SO excited. If anyone's getting married in houston please let me know if you find a good cake bakery?
    Posted by court4608[/QUOTE]

I would definitely do open bar for that price! How many people do you plan on inviting?
  • I am having right at 100 maybe a little less depending on some out of town family that may not make it? :) I have attended a wedding at this place before and it was to die for gorgeous and the people that help plan it are very patient with their brides lol I'm also happy because my bridesmaids house is right down the street from this place so I am able to peek in and make sure everything is where I want it before the wedding! They also have a thing where you buy drink tickets? I'm not familiar with that so i'm not sure how it works? I'm assuming you buy a certain amount and give them to your guests but what i'm wondering is after the tickets run out can it turn into a cash pay bar?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-changes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:c51a257d-639f-4325-aaa5-3cdb4da3f3cfPost:ed06c062-5e7d-476d-a8f7-6e2d08416ef0">Re: wedding changes! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to wedding changes! :) : I would definitely do open bar for that price! How many people do you plan on inviting?
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]
  • Holy cow, that sounds too good to be true!  Luckily for you it sounds like it is true!  Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, usually with the tickets, you give a certain amount to each person and after that, it's either cash bar or you have to ask the bride & groom for more tickets. Some places do this to cut down on the craziness that comes from some people being overserved.  I went to a wedding like this once and I think we each got 3 or 4 tickets.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-changes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:c51a257d-639f-4325-aaa5-3cdb4da3f3cfPost:694196a8-6e95-489e-9206-5ea59fca1f7b">Re: wedding changes! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, usually with the tickets, you give a certain amount to each person and after that, it's either cash bar or <strong>you have to ask the bride & groom for more tickets</strong>. Some places do this to cut down on the craziness that comes from some people being overserved.  I went to a wedding like this once and I think we each got 3 or 4 tickets.
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

I would be ridiculously annoyed if I had people coming up to me all night asking for tickets. Host what you can afford, don't make people pay for their own drinks.
  • If you don't hand out all of the tickets you've paid for, assign someone else to hand out the rest, you and your fi should not be bothered with this. I think I would most likely hand out all the tickets we'd paid for at the start of the night. Expect that some people may give their tickets away to others and that overserving may happen anyway...Because even if someone else is handing out extra tickets, that means one of your guests is getting bothered all night instead of you-lame.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Wow, I wish I could find an awesome deal like that where I'm from (North Carolina)! I can't even find a venue for that price. Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards