African American Weddings
Options

MY SISTER!!!!! LONG!

So my sister was invited however she said she was not able to come because she just started a neew job and didn't know if she could take an entire weekend off(she works at a retail store) well yesterday her boyfriend face booked me (which I hate you have my number just call me) to tell me they are coming and for the names of some hotels near our house, cool done! Well the invite comes today anad not only is she coming but bringing her 5 BAD ASS KIDS!!!! YES THEY ARE BAD!!!!!!! Now I just nicely sent them a message stating I had not included her kids in the head count and I under no cicumstances going over my head count PERIOD! Now she has been going through a nasty divorce for over a year and I just spent two weeks in Disney with her and those boys and I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! She was in a marriage to a horrible man who used her merely for a baby factory, she had balloned up from 130lbs to over 300lbs in her 10 year marriage "cause he liked her fat" his words, now since they broke up she has dropped down about 200 lbs! She only has her kids every weekend until the divorce is final because her kids r in philly and she lives in delaware. She is my sister and I love her dearly but she is flakey, when other adults are around she acts like her kids aren't even there and has others take responsibility for them. Im not having that at my reception! Her kids have never been exposed to much so they don't know how to behave so it is really not their fault but they are bad! Im so ticked off that she would put them on the rsvp card and not even call me to ask me if it was okay. She didn't even write it on the line provided she wrote it on the outside of the envelope!!! WTF! I don't know what to do but I do not wan tto have to spend my entire receptiion telling those boys to sit down, bequite, stop that, etc!!!

WHAT TO DO???????

Re: MY SISTER!!!!! LONG!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sista breathe!!!! We both are having a baad day! Just call her and tell her that her demon children are not invited. If she tries to blackmail into feeling bad, just tell her no and that she will be missed.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks rodeo, I am sorry you are having a bad day as well I hope your evening is better. I am trying to breathe I told our mother to call her and handle it and let me know the outcome. I am just done. Besides that my hairdresser coming from philly informed me today she doesn't know if she can come to something she has known about for over a year because she doesn't think she can get her money right . Im so over today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you need me to, I;m in Philly and have no problems helping you out... Where she live again??? LOL
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TINAMM girl just take a moment to whooosaaahhh, it is going to be ok. As pp said politely let her know that her children are not invited and the reason why. If she has an issue with that then that's on her. You explained the situation so if she brings them, I hope she bring some happy meals with her because you already said they were not included in the count and will not be getting a plate. I am having that same issue with a couple of my invitees. So I know how you are feeling.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just call her and tell her that you have reached the capacity for the building and the fire marshall will shut things down if her children came LOL!
  • Options
    TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rodeo-Thanks girl for having my back!LOL

MrClintonsfirst- Girl I dont understand what is wrong with folks! Dont they know the kids cost just as much as the adults? Their kids plates are not free so line up your sitter.

Sdstephens- LMBO!!!! The fire marshall, thats a good one, I am so using that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is why on my invitation I have "ADULT RECEPTION FOLLOWING" and for the response I have "YOU HAVE TWO SEATS RESERVED". Hopefully people will get the picture.  But I did have my MOH ask me if she could bring her kids. I said no.  She then asked if they could just come to the ceremony.  And again I said no and it wouldn't be fair to other guests who did not bring their kids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just breath! IT will be okay, definitely explain to her the situation, she can decide to come or not.

• Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry this is happening to you.  THat is the one thing that aggravates me when people decide to invite extra people to your wedding that are not invited!  And ettiquette says that you should not say that no kids are allowed to your wedding, but damn that, people just don't take a hint. 
  • Options
    TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THANKS GUYS!  UPDATE
    Why did she tell me she was just joking?!!! R U SERIOUS! 40+ days before the wedding and thats the joke you want to play! Her boyfriend said he told her not too and her butt did it anyway!!!! I am so over this. I need a vacation!
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, hardy ha ha!  LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards