April 2013 Weddings

What are you freaking out about?

As time draws closer, I can think of more and more things that are starting to freak me out.  Anyone else in the same boat?   We're doing an outdoor ceremony and I'm TERRIFIED that it will rain.  I'm also worried about the budget.  We're paying for everything ourselves and have a VERY rigid plan for paying off all of our vendors.  I know we can do it, I just worry that something will come up and we won't have enough money.  Ugh!

What are YOU worried about?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: What are you freaking out about?

• Everything. I'm having a crazy week.... In that I'm crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• I hear you girl! We are paying for everything ourselves and we are getting married in Pittsburgh...which is infamous for unpredictable weather. I'm also worried about my mums health and hoping she makes the wedding she missed my brothers wedding in August...although that was in New Orleans
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing a destination wedding and I worry people will wait too long to book their flights and they'll be too expensive!

I also am freaking out about getting everything paid off on time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Menu.... when we chose our venue we were excited that we could afford a decent meal for our guests.  However now after REALLY looking over the details of their meals - instead of them serving a plated meal as I had initially thought, they set it up buffet style.  I'm not against buffets but you pay for every item of food ala cart here and we had thought we would do two different options for protien, a starch and a veggie.  As a plated meal that seems fine - but I'm not sure I can get by with just those options when served as a 'buffet'.  People expect choices on a buffet and adding extra sides means extra money we weren't planning on spending.  So I'm a little stressed on that one.  
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• My venue is changing it's name and I already had invites printed.  That's my latest stresser.  And money.  Money and budget it always on my mind wedding wise :)

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Now that everything is booked, its definitely money stressing me out.  All of vendors for the most part only take cash and its all due within the same 6 week timeframe.  Even though everything is budgeted out so we will have enough cash at that point, it's still stressing me out!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I would def. say money is my biggest stressor, I am working the numbers everyday in my head and cant stop!!! I drive myself crazy!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am stressed that I will forget something. I have five thousand check lists so hopefully that won't happen but I am a worrier by nature so of course I am worried.  I am also concerned my dress won't fit.  When it came in it was a little snug so I immediately joined a gym!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Money, forgetting something, and our guest list. It seems to be constantly growing and I just want it to stop doing that. Also, the future in laws haven't really shown much interest so far, which is fine, but I'm worried that like a month before the wedding they're suddenly going to care about things and hate everything I've planned.
  • We are also doing a destination wedding (Vegas) and I am worried about making sure everyone books their rooms/flights and that we have enough time to do everything.  I only have 12 guests, so I applaud all you ladies with big guest lists, 12 is hard enough!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bdpbride, have you asked if they offer a family style option?  I find that a little nicer than a buffet and it might cost a little more, but if you have to add sides in order to make the buffet better, it might be worth the extra cost.  My guess is that they don't want to hire wait staff, but if you only need them to bring the dishes to the table and refill them, you can get away with having the same number of servers as you would for the buffet.

We're also doing a destination wedding, but I could care less who books their flights/hotel.  We originally wanted to elope and that set off an atomic bomb in my (Big Fat Greek Wedding type of) family.  So we ended up inviting people that we didn't even want to be there in the first place.  It would be SWEET if nobody showed up!  lol  I'm also kind of wondering how in the world we're going to get all of our decorations, favors, etc down to Georgia.  I pray that someone who is coming is crazy enough to drive so I can at least give them the heavy stuff.

redjellybean, everything for us is also due right around the same time.  However, the vendors are always glad to accept payment early.  We've already paid off the officiant, flowers, musician, hair, makeup, transportation, cake, and half of the photographer.  They had no problem taking our money early.  That saves me a TON of stress of writing thousands of dollars worth of checks all at the same time.  If you have money now, ask some of your vendors if you can just go ahead and pay them off.  Make sure to get a receipt that says paid in full.  I LOVE when those come in the mail!  I have a binder with all our contracts and those receipts go right into the sheet protectors in front of the contract so I can easily tell who is paid off and who isn't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • I have a day of coordinator and my MIL is organizing everything. I'm panicing that one of them will get sick or not be able to be there.

My life is so high pressure and high stress I have nothing left to stress over the wedding.
  • Money, money of course is a big one.

And then finding someone to do hair/makeup for a reasonable rate...
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • My guestlist!  Our venue will fit 100 comfortably we are at 115 inviting... hoping some people can't make it and/or won't bring a guest.  
  • I'm also worried about the guestlist.  We're inviting 267 and hoping 150 or less show up.  I know that sounds like a lot of No's but FI and I are both in the military so our friends are scattered across the country and always deployed so it's doubtful that they'll all want to show.  Most of my family is nearby(within 2 hrs) but older and it's not so easy for them to travel.  His family is mostly 8 hrs away.  Some of them will be up for the drive but a lot of them have kids and may not want to pull them out of school that close to the end of the year.  If we get more than 150, it's not a huge deal, we'll just have to rent a couple of smaller tents to put everyone under.  My parents own my venue(rental house) so we have a little more flexibility than most.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_what-are-you-freaking-out-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:670138ae-4fdb-4c2b-b943-8eb5a1a21914Post:c038d231-dcba-4adf-a740-e4f89770c7ef">Re: What are you freaking out about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It seems like everything at the moment... But mostly just picking a venue and getting a date set. We're coming into this late! Although we'd been talking about getting married in April, I didn't bother to start planning until I had the ring in hand--so now we're rushing to find a place that works with our budget and has the date we want open. We initially wanted April 20/21, but it looks like we may have to settle for April 13/14. I wanted an outdoor wedding and I'm worried that it will just be too cold in Maryland. It doesn't really start to warm up until the end of April here. We might still end up with the 27/28th, so maybe it'll all work out. Or maybe I'll put a portion of the wedding budget to ordering faux pashminas in the wedding colors for the female guests!
    Posted by von1976[/QUOTE]

<div>If it makes you feel any better, I just looked up the farmer's almanac earlier today for my wedding in DC at the beginning of April and they're predicting a warmer/drier April than average. Fingers crossed!</div>
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • with an outside wedding um I would have to say that my biggest stressor would be the weather. I am so worried that it will rain the day of. The future in laws are paying for a tent but with all the people I am worried that we might not fit. and we are supposed to walk outside for the ceremony portion . :( sometimes GA weather is crazy. the almanac has said it has been in the high 70s and then the 30s here in different Aprils.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How I will look!!! and how everything will look. I'm afraid I'll look like crap and that the flowers won't look how I want them too, and that it will rain. It's all indoors but rain would just make things a lot more difficult. I can't wait till the day of so I can just forget about everything and enjoy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_what-are-you-freaking-out-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:670138ae-4fdb-4c2b-b943-8eb5a1a21914Post:f01d11b3-d63c-4691-b158-9e61569da69c">Re: What are you freaking out about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you freaking out about? : If it makes you feel any better, I just looked up the farmer's almanac earlier today for my wedding in DC at the beginning of April and they're predicting a warmer/drier April than average. Fingers crossed!
    Posted by jessicadall[/QUOTE]

Where can you find the farmers almanac without buying one? I know that's probably a stupid question, but my google searches are turning up dry and I want to check my date :)
  • Money and guest list. I work in a department of 17 and custom is to invite everyone..... Which means 34 people :( we don't want more than 120 at the wedding....
  • Right now...top of the list is still bridesmaid dress. MOH is in Kentucky, one in St Louis and one here locally in Iowa. My local BM has been with me to every dress shopping adventure. BM in St Louis is planning her own wedding in Nov. MOH has kind of been the most drama...didn't give a lot of feedback for dress pics I sent to her via email, then when we went shopping together she got mad that FI and I vetoed the two she liked...and then didn't want to tell me dresses she did like...and then said she couldn't afford a $200 dress...but then wouldn't look for other options! All 3 of them like this one particular dress that we finally found! So tomorrow when I pick up my dress/veil (it's off the rack, thus why so early), we are going to decide between the last 2 dresses...and I told them they have to choose between those 2 even if the other two haven't been able to try them on. Gah. We need to order them soon! So we must decide soon!!!

Other than that...Guest list. Our planner says the venue holds like 165 people even tho they haven't officially tested it because they're renovating from a bank to a reception venue. She's trying to convince us to cut kids from the list. Some people I would like to cut out have already been verbally invited. I'm just hoping they won't come. Some of the younger kids don't really count for food if they're too young to feed themselves...but even so, our list is at like 190 and it just makes me nervous.

And yes, money. We've been bad and go out more than we should...both for dinner and football season. Just had to replace the dishwasher. My friend's wedding is next month, so we've got hotel/gift/travel...Christmas is coming up soon...yikes! So I'm trying to pay vendors now just so it's less to worry about at the last minute.

There are many other things on the To Do list, but they're not as stressful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • um....3 out of the 7 brides maids have there dress
    We have not caterer
    No DJ
  • gaah, weather! 

no rain please on april 27th! 
  • I have a day of coordinator, but, I am freaking out that something EPICALLY big will go wrong... like venue didn't put the decorations up properly, limo breaks down, it rains (inside venue but not the point), someone shouts something stupid at the church about having a reason we can't get married, crashers at the wedding... so clearly i am insane.

we don't have transportation locked down yet... he doesn't have his suit... the groomsmen don't have theirs... MONEY MONEY MONEY

I also have a high stress job and going through some reorg, and i can't afford to lose my job...

::goes and gets a drink::
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • We renegotiated with our vendors, and most were HAPPY to have everything paid in advance.  Of course.... we only paid off the ones we trusted enough to SHOW UP after being paid (photographer who we are well-connected with, venue, caterer, etc).

It makes things SO much easier to know I don't have to worry about paying for the photographer or DJ again.. and that by CHristmas our caterer will be nearly paid off with exception of alcohol!

It might be worth a shot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards