Chit Chat
Options

Poll: Wedding Reality TV Shows

Would you sign up for one?
Photobucket

Re: Poll: Wedding Reality TV Shows

• Options
    I would have absolutely no interest in giving a producer that much say over my wedding decisions.  Lord, I haven't even heard of half of these.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Haha I had to look a few of them up. Wedding shows are all the craze these days.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I love watching Bridezillas cause they are a train wreck but I would never want to be on it!

If I had to pick one I'd go with Say Yes to the Dress.  I always wanted to check out Kleinfield's just to see what all the fuss is about. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SYTTD, because who doesn't want to try on gorgeous expensive wedding dresses?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

If I had the cash, I wouldn't mind Say Yes to the Dress.

But there's no way I'd spend that much on a gown.

Clever girl.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_poll-wedding-reality-tv-shows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e82bcdd1-2819-4979-afca-3d953713fe90Post:e7d3c7e7-715e-4b59-9ffa-a9cc1d0d4c70">Re: Poll: Wedding Reality TV Shows</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I love watching Bridezillas cause they are a train wreck but I would never want to be on it!</strong> If I had to pick one I'd go with Say Yes to the Dress.  I always wanted to check out Kleinfield's just to see what all the fuss is about. 
    Posted by Galaxy8227[/QUOTE]
    It's all staged.  Remember Caribbean bride who supposedly lived in New York?  DH ran into her at a Starbucks in Long Beach, no accent and no wedding ring.  A couple of girls recognized her from the show, but she told them that she "didn't like to talk about her work."

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_poll-wedding-reality-tv-shows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e82bcdd1-2819-4979-afca-3d953713fe90Post:6d4b3661-2f77-46bc-a40b-0641f87df920">Re: Poll: Wedding Reality TV Shows</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Wedding Reality TV Shows : It's all staged.  Remember Caribbean bride who supposedly lived in New York?  DH ran into her at a Starbucks in Long Beach, no accent and no wedding ring.  A couple of girls recognized her from the show, but she told them that she "didn't like to talk about her work."
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I guess that would make sense.  How would they know ahead of time if someone's wedding was going to have that much drama?  I guess it's comforting to know that people aren't that ridiculous IRL.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Once I realized that, I started watching for the signs.  Notice how almost all of the dresses are either AA or DB, and the DB dresses with color are always the apple red that's the only thing available in the floor samples?  They recycle centerpieces, too.  And who saves that much stuff to do in the last week before their wedding?

I don't really trust anything on reality shows anymore.  Not since I realized that the sparklicious party planner on Hell's Kitchen is an actor.

• Options

FI used to work on a "reality" show.  A lot of them are not only staged, but scripted too.

I'd still do "say yes to the dress" though!  :  )

• Options
    I loved, loved, loved "A Wedding Story."
    It's not being made anymore, but it was a sweet and very positive show that had both the bride and groom talking to the camera, sometimes the parents too, then some scenes of wedding planning, then a commercial break.  After the break, there would be some "getting ready" stuff, then the ceremony, then several scenes from the reception, and then the bride and groom talk about how fabulous and wonderful their wedding was and how much it meant.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
  • Options
    I actually enjoy Rich Bride, Poor Bride, and if I had to be on one show, that would probably be it. I think it's the most interesting one. I like how they have a variety of budgets.
  • Options
    I agree with the earlier comment about "A Wedding Story".  I loved that show too!  It was more about the couple than the wedding, and it was always so sweet.  I can't see myself on any of those other shows.  Sure, I would love to be able to shop at Kleinfeld, but I'm not sure I would want to be on SYTTD.  We're not even having a videographer at our wedding, because we don't feel comfortable being videotaped.  

Confession: I do enjoy watching all of those shows, even the really scripted ones.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards