Ohio-Cincinnati

Reasonably priced DJ service?

I've already visited Party Pleasers and I was very impressed by them. But I don't know what the "typical" DJ price is....? So I'm trying to guage whether their prices are reasonable. Party Pleasers prices range from $995 (less experienced DJ) to $1695 (most experienced DJ).

What DJ's do you recommend? Do they offer lighting options?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reasonably priced DJ service?

• edited December 2011
    I am going to use DJ Toad...I've been to a couple events that he's DJ'd and they were all a lot of fun. His prices range from $600 for a junior DJ to $1200 for Toad himself. All packaged incluse basic dance floor lighting, but he has additional services to add to the package as well.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    We used Brad with Queen City DJs.  If I remember correctly they charged around $600-800.  He did a great job throughout the planning process and the night of the wedding.  He always responded to my calls and email right away.  At the wedding he did an awesome job of keeping everyone dancing and we had a lot of compliments.  He did some uplighting for us as well.  They had a lot of different lighting options to choose from as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Brian Childs- $595.  He comes highly recommended on here.  My wedding coordinator (Julie from Cincy Event Planning) recommended him to me.  :)

pchilds1@cinci.rr.com
  • afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using TCB DJs and they are $550 for 4 hours. Their website is TCBDJZ.COM
    We are using them for our wedding this Sunday
  • MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_reasonably-priced-dj-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:897a4730-f6ae-4631-af84-2cab93751f70Post:fde5fba1-eacc-4c2a-8dc5-38c76aa8598f">Re: Reasonably priced DJ service?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brian Childs- $595.  He comes highly recommended on here.  My wedding coordinator (Julie from Cincy Event Planning) recommended him to me.  :) pchilds1@cinci.rr.com
    Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]

Word for word what I would say.
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_reasonably-priced-dj-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:897a4730-f6ae-4631-af84-2cab93751f70Post:fde5fba1-eacc-4c2a-8dc5-38c76aa8598f">Re: Reasonably priced DJ service?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brian Childs- $595.  He comes highly recommended on here.  My wedding coordinator (Julie from Cincy Event Planning) recommended him to me.  :) pchilds1@cinci.rr.com
    Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]
    I used and loved Brian Childs - he was perfect for our guests!
  • Michele45419Michele45419 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used All the Right Tunes.  They provided both an emcee and a DJ with their packages.  I thought they were really affordable and the night went smoothly with the help of the emcee to keep us relatively on schedule.
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Brain Childs, too, and I was happy with his price and service.
  • amymay2010amymay2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rock N Ron's Dj, not sure how good he is not but he was suggested by a friend who used them at his wedding. His price is great, but we are having a Friday wedding which I believe is cheaper. $375 for 4hrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards