April 2013 Weddings
Options

Stamps

Hi Ladies!  I am trying to get to the post office some time this week to get my stamps so that I can send out the invitations.  I'm bored at work so I went online and saw that there are a few love/wedding-ish stamps that you can buy instead of the typical flag ones.  So I'm just curious - are you using everyday stamps or getting the love/wedding-theme ones?  Anyone doing custom stamps?  

Re: Stamps

• Options
    I got white rose forever stamps from my post office.  They typically have at least one alternative to the flags if you ask, mine had red LOVE or white rose stamp options.  I honestly would have just gotten the american flag ones if the alternative wasn't just as easy though.  Too many little things to worry about!
  • Options
    For the RSVP envelopes, I bought ones with white roses on them.  I haven't checked out the ones for the invites yet - that's on tomorrow's list.  I'm not paying extra for custom stamps because A) I'm cheap and B) You have to special order them and I'm already late getting my invites out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    I also got the white rose forever stamp...Our response card was a postcard and all they had was apples for that.... soooo i sucked it up and got the apples for those.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We used the White Rose stamps for our Invitations/RSVPs and the Red LOVE ones for our Save The Dates.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    I used the flag for the RSVPs and the white rose wedding one for the actual invite. Normal flag ones for all my thank you notes too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We used the white roses for our invitations and the red love ones for our RSVPs. No way I was paying any more than I had to on postage!
  • Options
    I used red love stamps for the invitations, and the white roses for the response cards
    Future Mrs.Hensley Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My step-mother ordered us the custom picture stamps with a photo from the engagement session, they came at Christmas. We used them for the envelopes, next to the $.20 oh so stylish George Washington portrait stamp since we went over the 1 oz. rule.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

• Options
    We used the red Love stamps for our STD cards. We're using the white roses for the RSVP envelopes and I'm using their new forever stamp that looks like a heart wax seal for the invites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My local Post Office did not have the white rose stamps so my stepmother got all red love stamps.

Your Post Office should have something other than the typical stamps if you want something a little more fancy.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We used .65 cent stamps that had a white wedding cake on them. They were really pretty.

Anniversary
  • Options

I used the Red Love ones with the rose on them that are out for Valentine's Day.

image 342 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 50 Will be missing out!
    image 200 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All white roses for stds, invites and RSVPs. I bought enough for the thank you notes, too
  • Options

my post office hasnt had any of the .66 wedding cake ones, only the .65 ones still, and to not use 2 stamps I also used the butterfly .66 which look great! (i have kraft colored envelopes) for the RSVP I used the white rose, although I wanted the sealed with love new forever stamp, but they were sold out and I didnt want to wait to send! They have SO many cute ones on the usps website, however they are double in price, so it just depends on your price range.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our postage is ugly, our post office had basically no selection and I just wanted to get them. For the invitations we have a Navajo necklace and the first Secretary of Education, Health and Welfare, those were the only ones they had in the right denominations. The RSVPs are flag forever stamps and some heart forever stamps which I got before postage went up.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Red love stamps on all my invitations. Rsvp via web site. No stamp needed for that
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I'm sending FI to go get the white roses stamps, hopefully they have them and hopefully he comes home with stamps!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I bought both the white roses forever stamps and the love forever stamps. I used both on the invites and the RSVPs, but alternated which went where. There really was no rhyme or reason to it as long as the invite had one and the RSVP had the other. Funny, I seem to be getting all the love RSVPs back right now...

I wanted the heart wax seal forever stamp for my thank you notes, but they didn't have it at the post office when I went to mail my invitations. I got the cherry blossom ones instead, since the wedding will be around that time. I should have bought them online--that's usually what I do.

The Save the Dates had every stamp with a moustache on it I could find, to carry out the theme. The RD invites have the neon celebrate stamp, which is cute.

Between all those and the Christmas card stamps, I feel like I've done my duty to keep the USPS afloat this year just in postage alone!
  • Options
    We bought ours through the self service machine and they let you pick out an image to print.  We picked hearts :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • Options
    They had no pretty ones at the 3 post offices I went too so I sucked it up and got the forever flag stamps.  So far I have only put them on my RSVP envelopes.  My mother and grandmother thought I was crazy that I even cared about the kind of stamp so I'm glad to hear that other brides are on my side!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards