Ohio-Cincinnati

Officiant

I am in need of an officiant for my wedding ( its not till nov of next year) but never to early to start looking!! I want to find someone that wont cost me a LOAD bc the ceremony alone is 950$ and its only like 20minutes long....its killin me this price. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it!

Re: Officiant

• If you want to dave money, why not see if a friend or family memeber would be willing to do the wedding. That's what we are doing to save money and not have a random person officiating our wedding. Just a thought.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_officiant-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:034fa786-11c0-4440-8fde-5d964eaf2e3dPost:17945f7c-1d8a-4b7b-a696-ef931da6dd21">Re: Officiant</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want to dave money, why not see if a friend or family memeber would be willing to do the wedding. That's what we are doing to save money and not have a random person officiating our wedding. Just a thought.
    Posted by futuregabriel[/QUOTE]

We are using my FFIL. He did my FBIL's wedding and it was beautiful. I like the personal touches that he will include in our special day.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • edited March 2012
    If you're getting married  in OH and you want to have a friend get ordained to marry you, remember s/he must get an OH license.  Last I heard OH is cracking down on letting this happen for a one-time only ceremony (unlike Colorado that makes money letting people do this sort of thing).  If you're willing to pay the cost of the friend getting licensed and s/he is willing to fib to the state, go for it!

BTW, I don't really think you're paying for an officiant's time (your 20 minute comment) as much as their license.  After all, they're representatives of Probate Court. 
  • Reverend Judy Burroughs is great. We met with her for two hours, before we even paid a dime, and she formatted an entire ceremony for us.

http://www.wednowcincinnati.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What state is your ceremony in? 
  • Judy Burroughs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rev Kathy Engelhardt from Garden Park Unity Church 513-385-8889 Hands down ... Best Minister Ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards