September 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

Looks like a bunch of posts from yesterday are missing. The Powers that Be are aware that this keeps happening. Hopefully a fix is in the near future...

On to Wedding Wednesday... 

Studies show that food is one of the top elements guests remember from a wedding. What will your guests be chowing on for your big day? Are you having outside catering, or does your venue provide the service? What do you think of the trendy "late night snack"?

Discuss!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Losing posts stinks!  I thought i was going crazy at first!

Our venue does have a chef and does provide menu options but we will be going off menu and are having him do a salmon dish and a chicken dish (we haven't decided on reciepes yet though.) 
    I LOVE the idea of a late night snack but I'm not sure we are doing one.  Friends of ours had a "street meat" cart come by at the end of the wedding, it was so much fun until the bride for mustard all over her dress!  Our idea would be an ice cream truck but we haven't started researching it yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having City BBQ cater our reception. Pulled Pork, Brisket, Turkey, corn pudding, sweet potato casserole, the whole bbq works. I am so excited! Around our area most people have chicken, potatoes, noodles, and corn, the basic wedding food. We wanted something different! We are also looking into a late night snack bar, as we have our DJ till midnight and dinner is at 5!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited August 2012
    Our wedding is at noon so we're going with a cocktail style reception.  Our venue provides the catering and the menu is so extensive that it gives me a headache (or I probably shouldn't have tried to make a 4th big decision in one day :/).  I'm definite on crab cakes and bacon-wrapped scallops, but the rest are still up in the air.

I'm setting up base for everyone in a hotel a block off the beach, and most of the wedding party and guests will wind up with me and FI at our favorite nightclub.  Honestly, there's so much to do in OCMD that anyone can pretty much do whatever they want, when they want to do it!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Our venue has a list of food vendors that we must pick from!  We have a meeting in October to do any kind of testing!  I am not sure what we will end up with! As for the late night snack, our venue has a popcorn machine so guests can treat theirselves to some fresh popped popcorn!  I am excited because I think it will be a big hit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Because we’re having a rustic/vintage wedding in an old restored barn, we decided early on to keep that theme going with the food.  We wanted our guests to feel like it’s a meal right of a grandma’s kitchen. 

We decided upon pulled pork barbeque, fried chicken and a vegetable baked ziti for the vegetarians.  Our sides include baked beans, mac n’ cheese, new potatoes, salad and both sweet cornbread & dinner rolls.  Before dinner we’re having a vegetable, fruit, and cheese display along with a hot appetizer we haven’t chosen yet.  We are using an outside caterer and they are phenomenal.  I’m so excited about our choice.  We actually just made the deposit yesterday. 

We’re also handing out a goody sack with a personalized bib and handiwipes to each of our guests to keep themselves clean.   

As for the late night snack, I don't think we'll do that.  It's just not in the budget and we're already providing a dessert table of cake, cookies and brownies.  I think our guests will be full enough.  ;-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our venue is doing our catering. Our package comes with cold apetizers of a cheese tray and a vegetable tray.  Pending our tasting appointment we have chosen pot roast, stuffed chicken breast, and chese tortellini in a basil pesto cream sauce. We have also chosen a green bean dish and a 3-cheese potatoes Au Gratin .  For a snack we have chosen a cheesecake bar.  This consists of 3 different types of cheesecake and a ton of different sauces and toppings to dress them up.  The bar will open up for a cocktail hour while the apetizers are out and remain open through dinner and dancing.

September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • our venue provides catering. we are doing lots of finger foods for cocktail hour....honestly idk how much is too much and what is not enough...when i watch four weddings theres always complains about "not enough food" lol so picking out the food is driving me nuts. for our dinner we are having soup or salad, chicken marsala, seafood newburg, steak tips, a carving station, pastas, mashed potatoes, veggies, and rice, and for the dessert a candy buffet, ny cheesecake, and cupcakes. we are doing an open bar...but thats still up in the air lol 
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our venue provides the catering. our tasting is in a month and i'm really excited! We have huge italian families so the food HAS to be over the top! for cocktail hour we're having 5 stations (carving, hibachi, mashed potato bar, raw bar, & one more i have to pick!), as well as an antipasto station AND passed hot hors d'oeuvres. Then there's a 2 or 3 course meal (I can't remember). we still need to choose a chicken, a beef, and a fish entree. i would really like to roll out a slider station at 11pm or so but need to look into the price. i'm really hoping the food will be memorable!
  • We decided that we are not doing a straight up buffet... And since I have never been to a sit down dinner wedding that went smoothly we won't be doing that... Instead we are doing stations... For cocktail hour we will have a total of 4 hors d'orves 2 hot and 2 cold Thinking mozzarella and tomato pancetta and chicken salad puffs for cold and spanakopita and pecan crusted chicken fingers with chipotle dipping sauce for the hot ones We also get 2 rather large displays so thinking the cheese and fruit display. And then the mozzarella and tomato display Our stations are still up in the air. We get 2 plus a carving station but I have to work on getting a 3rd Pasta station : probably pesto and marinara sauce options but also has sausage chicken vegetables Parmesan cheese and breadsticks to go with it Fajita station: which is a must have for me beef and chicken options , onions , peppers, flour tortillas sour cream, poco de gallo , guacamole and jalapeo peppers Mashed potato bar : sweet potato and Yukon gold potatoes pecans brown sugar green onions sour cream bacon bits cheddar cheese Gorgonzola cheese shallot gravy and butter. Our carving station will be either round of beef with horseradish sauce, mayo , mustard and rolls OR Apple smoked center cut pork loin with pommery wine sauce And we have an open bar for cocktail hour and the reception. I am not doing a desert bar After the reception I am renting a bus to go to my favorite and parents favorite local bar... Reception will be over at 930.. So if anyone wants snacks once they get there that is on them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • And wow that post showed Up looking like a jumbled mess on my phone
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our reception is at the Sheraton Grand so they will be catering.  Our menu is not locked down yet but I do know we're having a tenderloin and a fish option.  (It is a seated dinner.)  Also since our party goes til 1am we'll be doing a late night bite.  This will probably take place around 10ish.  The bite will be cheeseburgers or pizza for everyone!  (I'm pretty sure we'll all need it because I got a lot of hardcore partier/drinkers going to my wedding.)  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our venue provides the catering - and when you do a sit down dinner, you only get one option, which I think is a little silly, but I can see where they're coming from. It's a chicken and beef duet, which I might be upset about if I cared about meat! FI and I are vegetarians, and I wasn't able to talk my dad into paying for an all veg wedding, but I'm going to put the vegetarian option on the RSVP since I know a lot of people would choose that over chicken and beef (like my sister, she doesn't eat beef, so she wouldn't eat half her plate). Not sure what that will be yet, will have to see what I can talk them into! I was able to negotiate all vegetarian appetizers, so that's a mini-victory for me, lol!

As for late-night snacks, I've always appreciated them but largely found them unnecessary. Lo and behold, our venue includes them in the package, so we're doing Detroit style coney dogs. I won't be able to eat them, but I love that it's Detroit-themed!

I know they do a massive buffet - 20 different salads! Tons of entrees! Massive dessert table! - but I just really don't like buffets, plus it almost seems a little wasteful at that point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Everyone's food sounds delicious!  It's too bad we can't all be invited to each other's weddings like on Four Weddings.  ;-)  I have a feeling there are going to be some awesome shindigs up in this Sept. 2012 board!!! 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:80644ba5-091c-4640-a743-6ffe4dfff0a2Post:f0d53dd4-770d-487f-a5e0-3815f893101b">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone's food sounds delicious!  It's too bad we can't all be invited to each other's weddings like on Four Weddings.  ;-)  I have a feeling there are going to be some awesome shindigs up in this Sept. 2012 board!!! 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]
     <div>OMG that would be too funny!!!! and i'm getting hungry reading all these posts.</div>
  • our venue provides the food. We are having a family style (a chicken, beef and pasta dish). We get a choice of potato and veggie and dessert. Plus soup and salad. We have not made our final choices. They also provide the cake, from a terrific local bakery..

We will probably do a late night snack (garlic bread, mini pizzas, sliders, etc.) I love the idea of greasy food after all that drinking and partying! Might even get our butts onto a second wind. There is a late night bar/club right next to our venue.

Our venue also has a popcorn machine, I really would like to have that, but not sure if it's worth the cost.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yeah wouldn't it be great if TK could kick in and send us all to eachother's weddings - and then they could plan my honeymoon and send me on it - lol then I wouldn't have to stress about that too - (honeymoon thread i started earlier)
  • Seriously...all this food is making me want to go for the cupcakes in the other room...
  • Dmoor - holy food! 
    You guys are making me hungry!  Diet be damned!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow yall make me feel horrible !! I'm being cheap so we are doing all finger foods, fruit trays , veggie trays, chicken salad sandwiches , ham roll ups , ect. We aren't trying to break the bank since paying for everything alone.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Christina, there's nothing wrong with that! As long as you're feeding them something, you're doing it right! Mine would look very similar if we were paying for it ourselves - good for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:80644ba5-091c-4640-a743-6ffe4dfff0a2Post:31046520-aecb-45fe-9ac0-aa3cd6d2b18c">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow yall make me feel horrible !! I'm being cheap so we are doing all finger foods, fruit trays , veggie trays, chicken salad sandwiches , ham roll ups , ect. We aren't trying to break the bank since paying for everything alone.
    Posted by christinajarman[/QUOTE]

Pssh, nothing to be ashamed of!  We're all doing the best we can with what we have.  As long as you have a little light something, even if no more than cake and punch, I'm going to say you're good.

I personally love fruit and chicken salad, so I'd definitely be a happy guest!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • We are doing a pig roast.  Go ahead call me a redneck!  Laughing

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:80644ba5-091c-4640-a743-6ffe4dfff0a2Post:442213c1-014d-493c-b3e9-6191455df7aa">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a pig roast.  Go ahead call me a redneck! 
    Posted by MandiNewMommy[/QUOTE]

<div>Love it!</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies ! We are still spending right much but there will be a varity .
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards