April 2012 Weddings

When to send out invites?

When should I sent out invites? The wedding is April 21st. RSVPs are due March 23rd. I was thinking of sending out invites the first week of February. Is that too early?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image 300 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing out!
image 300 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: When to send out invites?

• I don't think so if your RSVPs are due March 23rd.  If you're going by the six to eight week rule you would be right around seven weeks.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Hey date twin! I am sending my invites out around March 3 and my RSVP deadline is April 7. I want to get them out in time for my guests to get a motel room (deadline is March 15). We sent info cards in our STDs, but I know a lot of people tossed them so we are sending more with the invites.  I will start calling the people we haven't heard from by April 10 or so. 

Why is your RSVP deadline so far in advance? Our caterer does not need a headcount until 1 week prior to the wedding so no rush there, but if yours or other vendors need the heads up, that's different. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I'm sending mine out on February 15 and due March 15th for our wedding on April 14th. So no I don't think thats too early.
    December Siggy Challenge. Yep he's a sports fan. Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Date triplets!! I'm also asking for an early RSVP date of March 31st. My caterer doesn't need a final count until 2 weeks before, but I don't like being that rushed. Plus, it will be at that point that we choose the menu and do a tasting. If we come in under our minimum, then I'd like to use that as leverage during the tasting to perhaps get upgrades. More obviously, I'd like more time to track down those that don't answer.

For my RSVP date of March 31st, I'm going to send them out Feb 18th. That would be 6 weeks. I can't see why anyone would need more than that. Plus, I already sent STDs to all. 
  • chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married the day before you - April 20th.  My venue requires a headcount 1 month prior.  We're planning on sending out invites the last week of January with a RSVP date of 10 March (so we have time to call those we haven't recieved).   Good Luck!!

ETA: Ours is a destination wedding - everyone will be traveling.  Also - our room block expires at the same time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine are going out next week but for ours half of our guests will be going from NY to NOLA so I want to give everyone time to book flights rooms, etc. Most guests have done this but I know some are slackers. For your situation though I think the timing is just right.
    April 2012 - October Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sorry, I should have clarified -

So, my wedding is April 21. Caterer needs #s 2wks ahead, so April 7. I want ppl to RSVP by March 23rd so I have 2wks to collect any stragglers. So if I still send out the beginning of February, that's not too early?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 300 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 300 Can't find the mailbox!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_send-out-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:d729cdb4-5fba-47a6-92f8-f734d1e294a2Post:48ef996d-e358-4673-85a2-74f71a269e01">Re: When to send out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, I should have clarified - So, my wedding is April 21. Caterer needs #s 2wks ahead, so April 7. I want ppl to RSVP by March 23rd so I have 2wks to collect any stragglers. So if I still send out the beginning of February, that's not too early?
    Posted by omegosh[/QUOTE]

I think that would be all right. Really you could wait a week or two, but it doesn't really matter.
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • LOL .... I know my family ...

Wedding date: April 13th
    RSVP Deadline: March 1st

One month and 13 days ahead of time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards