Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal dinner dress...help!!

Ok...so our rehearsal dinner is going to be pretty laid back since our ceremony and reception are going to be formal. We are having it at a neighborhood clubhouse and bringing in some local barbecue. Would it still be appropriate to wear a nice white/ivory cocktail dress? I know I risk spilling on it, but other than that, would that still be ok?

If not, what should I wear?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal dinner dress...help!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I found a really cute "sping type dress" that I am wearing for mine. We are also having like a back yard bbq type thing.

I think you might be over dressed if its a club house and your having BBQ, but at the same time if you make the event more formal then you should be fine, just depends on the tone that is set for the dinner...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always go with an all cotton cocktail dress, throw on a cardigan and some flats.... classy and still comfortable
  • Options
    LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a cocktail dress sounds great! I don't think there's anything wrong with being slightly "overdressed" at your own rehearsal dinner. You'll look classy and beautiful, I'm sure. I would not be surprised to see the bride dressed up at a more casual wedding related event. This is assuming of course that others will be wearing jeans or khakis and not swimsuits :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a cocktail dress would be fine as well (in fact, I think you pretty much described what I'll be wearing to my own rehersal dinner!). I wore a dress that was a little more formal to our wedding shower this past weekend (it was a tea-length, black lace dress), and I felt really overdressed at first, but then FI pointed out that I'm the bride, so people probably wouldn't think twice about me dressing up. So I definitely agree with PP, that it's probably okay to be a little overdressed as the bride :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards