Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Omni Royal Orleans brides

hey ladies- I am getting married April 28,2012 at the omni royal orleans in the royal garden terrace. We are hosting both the ceremony and reception there. I am wondering: 1) what catering package did you choos? 2) what are y'all doing for music? Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Omni Royal Orleans brides

• Options
    Hey there. I'm an Omni bride.

We are doing a DJ for music, and having a jazz band come in for the last half hour.

The catering package we chose was kinda custom. Here's a reader's digest version:

Custom dinner buffet at $61.50/person
    4 different hors d'ouvres
    open bar of call brands

You can talk to Celeste about customizing one of the pre-existing packages, she is very willing to work with you. If you want to delete an hors d'ouvres and add a mashed potato bar or something random like that, she's definitely receptive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    srblainesrblaine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    .Thanks for the info that sounds like a great idea! On a side note, are you using the table linens they are providing? And if so, are you renting chair covers? It has been so long since I saw the place that I am having a hard time remembering what it looks like.
  • Options
    I also customized my menu, starting with the lower priced option- they are really good about letting you switch out between the menu items and the add ons.
    I am sticking with their linens but covering the chairs- since I am using blue & green as my colors, I felt like they looked really red.  That being said, if you are using red or another warm color, they look nice and recently upholstered.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    My colors are black/white/red. I personally feel like chair covers are a frivolous cost, but I spent $5k on my dress and $400 on shoes, so it's all about where your personal priorities lie. I'm using their linens and not renting anything additional. Their linens are white and pretty plain, but that doesn't bother me.

The Omni includes 4 tealight candles and a glass mirror tile, too (if you want it!), so don't get any more unless you want an explosion of candles or something. To me I just wanted to maximize our money on food/ alcohol, so decorations aren't as much of a focus.
  • Options
    Also, my wedding is kind of soon, so if you have a while to make decisions, then just PM me and I'll share my pics with you so you can decide what you want to do differently.
  • Options
    LOLways,

So for $61.50 a head you get appetizers, dinner, AND alcohol?? That is amazing.  I have looked at the venue website and love it, but haven't contacted the coordinator yet....is there a rental fee there, or do you just pay by the head?  Thanks for any info...only engaged last week, so just starting to check things out, but we want to get married in the end of 2012 so we need to hurry!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards