Outdoor Weddings
Options

How do you decorate?

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on decorating and outdoor wedding. We are have the ceremony and reception in a secluded park but I'm trying to figure out how I would decorate without spending a huge amount of money. We are on a budget. Also I'm trying to figure out what I can put up to stand behind until I'm ready to walk out so that nobody sees me before I start walking. :)

Re: How do you decorate?

• Options
    I like the look of ribbons hanging from tree branches. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    I love that ribbon from trees look!

Op, are you getting married by the water?  In the wood?  Open field?  Lots of trees.  Give us a bit more details about the park. 

I love paper lanterns for outdoors and they can be done without being too expensive. 

Also being outdoors means that you probably have some natural scenery that is pretty.  I wouldn't feel that you need to overdo it with dressing it up.
  • Options
    I'm getting married in a civil war fort on the ocean, and I am letting the setting be the decor. All that I am adding is a aisle runner (to protect my dress more than anything), flower cones to line the aisle, held by shepard hooks, and a wedding arch for us to get married under. 

As far as a place to hide so no one sees your dress, what I have seen a lot of brides do, and I what I plan on doing myself, is hanging out in the car you arrive in until it is time for you to come out and process down the aisle. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    You can also get sets or bifold doors really cheaply, paint them an appropriate color and wait behind them.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    We had a garden wedding (at a bed and breakfast) and we did not add any decorations at all - there was a river behind the gazebo and trees and flowers everywhere.  We got lucky, I guess!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The word you're looking for is SEX. I promise. No, it's not gender. It's sex. You're welcome.
  • Options

We are doing shepard hooks with lanters and candles down the aisle way! We are also doing flowers down the aisle way. We are doing the little stick kissing balls in the trees!
  • Options
    We are doing pomanders on shepard hooks!
  • Options
    We ordered a bunch of rice paper lanterns online in or weddinf colors in different sizes.  We plan on hanging them from various places in the tent and in the trees.  They really give a lot of color!  But they are very delicate so you might want to consider that if a bunch of guys are going to manhandle them when putting them up.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards