Flowers
Options

Bulk ordering flowers

For my wedding we are considering bulk ordering red roses (since this is all we are using) and making the bouquets and center pieces ourselves. However now im starting to wonder if it would be cheaper to go to a florist. Any suggestions?

Re: Bulk ordering flowers

• Options

I know there are mixed thoughts on this, because we all want to support our local businesses. However, the cheaper route is to order your own and do what you want. Sadly (and I'm one of those people who want to support local businesses, but had to watch my budget for my wedding) florists can't compete with the online market or local grocery stores in price.

I ordered the 20 piece white rose wedding package from Costco.com. It was $399 and included my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, a toss away bouquet (made from white carnations), and 2 centerpieces (they will swap out centerpieces for extra bouquets and vice versa).

I then ordered fresh flowers for the centerpieces from the florist who does the arrangements for the kiosk at our local Costco. I got 80 stems of white Asiatic lillies, 96 white Vendella roses and 2 very large bunches of baby's breath for $173.  I picked them up directly from her at the Costco store 3 days before the wedding, kept them in the basement and made 10 centerpieces the day before my wedding.

There are videos online (in fact Costco has one) for making bouquets.

There are similar rose packages available from Costco in other colors. If you have a Sam's Club membership, they have similar packages. If you don't have a Costco membership, it's worth the $55 annual fee simply for this.

Good luck with your plans and decisions.

• Options
    Sue, I'd love to see a picture of your centerpieces! Would you mind sharing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards