Colorado

Introduction and venue questions

Hi girls! I recently got engaged to my Norwegian boyfriend. We have been living in Norway for the past four years together and are moving back to CO this fall.   We are planning  a July 2011 wedding in Colorado in the mountains.  

Does anyone have any suggestions on venues_ Ideally, it will be at a place where other activities can take place the day before (hiking, volleball, ectera).

My main concern is to keep the price of rooms for the guests cheap. 
My grandparents are paying for my wedding, something I never expected them to do, but am thrilled. They spent at least 30,000USD on my cousins wedding, nonetheless I want to keep costs as low as possible, as even if it is not my money, I feel no need to spend a fortune on one day.

Non traditional places such as retreat centers would diffently work, as long as  they are licensed to servee alcohol for the event.

Re: Introduction and venue questions

• mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the YMCA of Estes Park and Winter Park; we haven't visited yet, but there's plenty of other activities, you can provide your own alcohal, and there's inexpensive family lodging :)
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We've been working with the Ellis Ranch in Loveland and they have been wonderful and affordable.
  • macookiemacookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Consider Piney River Ranch near Vail.  They have so many activities and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! We had our rehearsal there. If you need a planner, we used The Celebration Studio www.thecelebrationstudio.com. I am happy to give other vendor recs if you end up in the Vail area.
  • macookiemacookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, if you go to Vail, we stayed at the Cascade and the group rate was $149/night  which is pretty affordable for guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards