Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photographers Package Issue

I am looking into this photographer who is amazing. He has a master in photography and has over 25 years of experience shooting weddings. Now is my dilema, we are tyring to plan this wedding on somewhat of a budget. He offers one package which includes: Online web gallery, engagement session, 100 4x6 reception cards, 8x12 image catalogue, custom made dvd wedding story, enhanced digital files, and a 5x7 picture for each member of the wedding party. He covers getting ready, ceremony, formal portraits after the ceremony and 1 hour at the reception hall, all for $3297.00. I think this is a great deal, however I don't know if one hour of the reception is able to cover enough. I don't want them to miss the first dances or cake cutting. What do you think?

Re: Photographers Package Issue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should look into someone that does not count the minutes. Where are you getting married?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you located? How are others in the area priced? It seems like a kind of high price for just an hour of the reception. I think you could find something much better. This photographer seems like he's giving you lots of "stuff" but how great is the variety going to be if he's only covering just part of the wedding day? Do you get high resolution, edited files? If so, how many? There are lots of questions to ask . . .
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Only one hour at the reception is a little ridiculous.  I would either ask him to exchange some of those prints for more time, or to look into another photographer.  There's so much that goes on at a reception and you wouldn't want to miss that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_photographers-package-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:d282b20c-1c94-40d8-8bf5-f6fc22c0706dPost:05cc669a-a793-4150-ab53-0dee590ebf51">Re: Photographers Package Issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Only one hour at the reception is a little ridiculous.  I would either ask him to exchange some of those prints for more time, or to look into another photographer.  There's so much that goes on at a reception and you wouldn't want to miss that!
    Posted by raspberrytart[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with what she said, if he's giving you a CD with the high-res pictures you can just order your own prints for your wedding party. Reception coverage should definitely be longer than 1 hour, especially since they hardly ever start on time to begin with!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards