Texas-San Antonio

How would this make you feel?

So I am always singing praises about my venue. I think the location is beautiful, and I love the layout. When we first booked at my venue, they hadn't even had their first wedding there yet. We went with this venue because of the exclusivity of the place, meaning it was on private property and we were away from everything. We loved that we would be the only wedding that the manager would have to deal with.

Well we got word on facebook via the venues page, that they were planning on building a second hall on site. So that means 2 weddings a day once it gets built. My wedding is in 25 days, so that doesn't affect me, but the construction might. I am torn about this. I was assured yesterday that the construction would be covered with a build up of dirt... but I am a little nervous. So my question to you ladies-- would this concern you? And if you paid a premium amount for the venue, would you want some of your money back for the venue's beauty changing??

Thanks...

Re: How would this make you feel?

• edited December 2011
    I would be slightly concerned but not to the point where I would stress about it. Sure it sucks, and you don't want to deal with it, but it happens. Is it super close to where your wedding is actually taking place? Are you taking photos outside?

Maybe contact the venue and ask if there is anyway you can put sheets up to cover it so guests don't have to see it?

I would be concerned but don't stress :)
  • saraohairasaraohaira member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh hell..this is my venue too......
    IM WORRIED> haha
    seriously though.
  • edited December 2011
    Yahhhh I was as well. When is your wedding Sara?
  • saraohairasaraohaira member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mines January 14th...i saw that fb post too but i didn't put 2 and 2 together. scary! 
    one of the reasons i picked that venue was because of its location to NOONE and NOTHING!
    hopefully everything will still be awesome for us...it really is my dream venue
  • edited December 2011
    I live in NB so I was able to stop by and talk with Anita.  Right now, there is not a whole lot going on. The have a pile of rocks out the backside of the house that Anita lives in, and to the left of the ceremony site in the brush. From what I understand, is they plan on building it right there. Anita assures me that not much can happen by my wedding in a few weeks, but for yours, there will for sure be a structure up by your time. The end date is March, so you might call her and ask how it will affect your day. Personally, if it ruins the athestics of the outdoor ceremony, I will be really upset about it. My wedding planner has been emailed on it, so she knows what we might be facing. I am more worried about a gust of wind blowing the dirt on us during the ceremony than anything!! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up, BabyBlue! Very helpful if anyone wants to use your venue!
  • edited December 2011
    ahhh crap... this is my venue also!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah not overly happy about the fact that they didn't at least send out an email telling everyone who was getting married there, that this was about to go down.

And I am also not thrilled that churning out wedding factories seems to be the goal over the quality of service now. Just my thoughts... I like the exclusivity of the property, and once you start having multiple weddings, it cheapens the deal a bit.
  • edited December 2011
    Im also having the same concern. I booked Hotel Contessa and we have the balcony for our cocktail hour. Now I just found out the riverwalk will be under construction during my wedding right outside my balcony...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards