Favors
Options

Gifts for out of town guests?

I went to a wedding where when I got to my hotel, there was a little bag with different goodies inside and a note welcoming me from the bride and groom.
I love the idea and think it really goes above & beyond to show their appreciation to those who came the extra mile to come.
I'd love to do a similar thing for my family & friends coming into town but don't want to go over board, which i sometimes tend to do.

Any ideas of what to leave in their rooms when guests arrive for their stay?
Thanks Ladies.

Re: Gifts for out of town guests?

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to an out of town wedding last year. They gave us a plastic mixing bowl (I still use it!) I'm sure they got from the dollar store, with "goodies" from the local area and maps of interesting things to see or do, plus a schedule of the wedding related activities.

I think it's a great and thoughtful idea. No need to go overboard. Maybe a bag of Georgia pecans, a local soda or snack item, perhaps one of those candle tins for travel, a thank you note and some info about the wedding or your relationship (How you met, etc).

Good luck.
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing bags in the rooms.  My mom ordered a ton of gift bags from a site in our colors (black and white with fuschia tissue paper) that we are using instead of baskets to give away at my shower.  I am using the leftover bags for my hotel guests. 
    We are just going to Sam's Club (which is like a Costco) and buying cases of water, granola bars, gum, small packs of advil, and other little things like that.  Its more a small way to take care of them since if they are out of town guests they will be in the room between ceremony and reception.  And also for a little help with any morning after hangovers.  We are also going to put directions in there to the church and to the reception from the hotel.  They will be in our invitations as well, but this way they know exactly how to get there from the hotel. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would stay away from bowls or baskets since most people are from out of town and may not have enough room in their luggage to take it back. I like dnbeach's list of what is going in hers. The best thing I ever got in a hospitality bag was a tide-to-go pen. 
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just don't go too overboard trying to impress people.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lenabear - great idea with the tide-to-go pen.  Never thought about that!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lcsa99lcsa99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking of doing little gifts from along the path of our first date - since we went from the West side of Manhattan to Brooklyn (best first date ever!) - and then little things from the city that they will find useful i.e )metro card, bottle of water, treats, etc.)

You could do something along those lines getting treats or coupons/gift certs from your favorite places to go together, along with stuff they will find useful. You might be tempted but try not to go TOO cheap on these things cause (at least in my opinion) the point is to thank them for spending the time and money on flights as well as the hotel for your special day and they deserve more than just a hug.

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Shoes! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your first date thing is really cheesy.  Will people even know what the point is? Or care?
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards