Snarky Brides

Anyone around for an early-ish evening thread?

It's eerie quiet around work tonight. Haven't had anyone in since five or so.

What's everyone up to?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone around for an early-ish evening thread?

• Oh goodness, I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers/thoughts/warm-fuzzies coming your way.

When I'm upset, I always feel the need to eat, make something, then feel guilty I don't want it. I'd recommend a soup, so if you really can't eat it, you can store it away for another time pretty easy.
  • Sorry to hear that, jcb.  T & P coming your way. 

I'm just hanging around the house tonight.  I kinda have a headache so I don't feel like doing shiiiit. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh jcb, that's horrible.  Hopefully a second opinion will be much sunnier.  *hugs*

I'm home alone since my H is out with the guys for dinner and undoubtedly bawdy tales.  I'm making soup to freeze out of last night's roasted chicken carcass, watching Big Bang, playing around with math now that my prof showed me an infinitely shorter way to do something.  I've been doing long division for decades and no one bothered to teach me that there was an easier way.  Synthetic division is like magic and I feel like a 3rd grader learning math for the first time. So I'm the sicko sitting on the couch dividing polynomials just for S&Gs.

Also, my little sister is a twit.  She's broke as a joke due to not taking anyone up on building a budget for her and now has been hardcore hinting/trying to guilt family into loaning her money.  
  • I've always had a strange relationship with math.

me: Calculus?
    Brain: no problem.

me: Trig?
    Brain: Got it

me: Addition? Subtraction? Long division?
    Brain: haha, nope suckaa.

Well, I could do those things, when I did them in school. I'd have to see an example or two to refresh my memory at this point.

• Hey y'all! I am sitting on the couch eating pizza and watching H play with his new phone. We just got back from Vegas last night and I am super sleepy but, I have tv shows to watch before I fall asleep.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-for-an-early-ish-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e3b60f30-cf4a-4ef8-8d8c-c2ff7eba0e7bPost:10f6439a-f354-4fcd-8356-e4e7480620c1">Re: Anyone around for an early-ish evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've always had a strange relationship with math. me: Calculus? Brain: no problem. me: Trig? Brain: Got it me: Addition? Subtraction? Long division? Brain: haha, nope suckaa. Well, I could do those things, when I did them in school. I'd have to see an example or two to refresh my memory at this point.
    Posted by bunni727[/QUOTE]

<div>HA!  Same here.  Plus I'm stubborn.  I insist on being able to do as much long-hand as possible.  The calculator dependence syndrome is not something I want to acquire if I can help it.</div>
  • Thinking about you, jcb! Hope they're really, really wrong...

done my workout, dd is in bed and I'm listening to music and creating some new playlists. Most are for the wedding, and I think we've agreed on "It Had to be You" by Harry Connick jr for our first dance. It's kinda our movie.

Anna, the math thing has me totally mesmerized. The 'new' math of teaching models drives me insane. Back in my day (insert crotchety old voice here), we learned the rules and used THEM, not drawing pictures to show putting things into and out of jars! It's freakin' integer division!!!

I have testing in this tomorrow with the grade 8s. Blech!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JCB - that stinks.  I hope the vet is wrong.

I Skyped with myt parents for 45 minutes and leftover paleo-lasagna is in the oven reheating.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards