Texas-San Antonio
Options

Inexpensive reception venues

Hello I really need help finding a nice venue to hold my reception.  I'm looking for something that is around 7K.  I'm not sure where to start looking but seen some  venues online  that seem really pricey.  I would like something with cash bar option for a few hours or BYOB. 

Re: Inexpensive reception venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into non-traditional places? Like civic centers, theatres, etc?

We're getting married at the Schertz civic center. Its huge and a new building :) Its beautiful
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most places rent for under 7k for just the venue. Are you looking to have the entire wedding for 7K? You might consider a non-Saturday wedding to save money.
  • Options
    eltraaeltraa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married at Hoffmann Ranch. its 4thousand for saturdays.
    they do inhouse catering wich is extra we have 180 ppl and its about 4 thousand, but he does catering, cordinating, cake cutting, bartending, clean up, and if you order flowers wholesale he'll make the arrangments for you.

And thats for both ceremony and reception and bridal room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on getting the Crytsal Room at the Old San Fransisco Steak House. Room rental is $1500, in house catering about $4000 and bar about $2000 for 120 people, plus other fees our total would come to about $9000. (Not including dj, cake, etc.)

Cash bar is only about $250 and you can scale down the menu, we picked a lot of food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Los Patios in September.  Their ceremony fee is only $750 for a Saturday wedding.  There is no fee to rent the reception space (of which they have some different options), there is just a minimum amount ($3,500) you have to spend for food.  If you do an open bar, the cost goes toward the minimum, or you can do cash bar, or a mix of the two.  The grounds are beautiful for an outdoor ceremony and all of the reception spaces are unique.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards