South Carolina
Options

Mary's at Falls Cottage - Greenville?

Hey,

Has anyone had a reception at Mary's Cottage?? It's so gorgeous, but their website doesn't talk price, or capacity, and I need to know both. Anyone have any experience with them??

Re: Mary's at Falls Cottage - Greenville?

• Options
    JuliaM-EJuliaM-E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, what about Falls Park itself? I know they do ceremonies there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the park you would probably have to get in touch with the city office. Not sure if they allow events on the grounds. Never been inside Mary's Cottage but it is pretty small. It's also reservation only, so I assume it is pretty pricey. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Obviously, by my last post, I don't know much about Mary's. However, Falls Park has all the information on their new website. They have a lot of regulations with what you can't do, I know. Like you can't have sound systems or stake anything into the ground. And you will have to rent a tent "just in case" of rain. The permit for having a ceremony there is very affordable though. I think the Rock Quarry (my personal favorite) is just $150 for the whole day and the other locations are maybe 250.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    JuliaM-EJuliaM-E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last I checked, Falls Park (and all the city parks) won't let you put up a tent and it was $500 to have Falls Park all day. But that was kind of awhile ago, so that may have changed. Also, the lady I talked to was really rude, so hopefully you'll have better luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I rechecked today and they don't let you have a tent.

Here's the information you'll need to start out:

http://www.fallspark.com/GettingMarried.aspx
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_marys-falls-cottage-greenville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:123Discussion:3119b69c-53e5-41c1-984b-9dd688437da6Post:193339ec-1d7c-42ba-ae15-4cdc2d9fae07">Re: Mary's at Falls Cottage - Greenville?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Obviously, by my last post, I don't know much about Mary's. However, Falls Park has all the information on their new website. They have a lot of regulations with what you can't do, I know. Like you can't have sound systems or stake anything into the ground. And you will have to rent a tent "just in case" of rain. The permit for having a ceremony there is very affordable though. I think the Rock Quarry (my personal favorite) is just $150 for the whole day and the other locations are maybe 250.
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]
    The rock quarry that's more towards Cleveland Street? Or are you talking about a place actually IN Falls Park. We had our engagement pictures taken at the Rock Quarry that's over by Cleveland Street and it's absolutely gorgeous. We considered there for our wedding but it was a bit too small. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_marys-falls-cottage-greenville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:123Discussion:3119b69c-53e5-41c1-984b-9dd688437da6Post:c5c2fa7b-abb3-4f7c-9eaf-54780618e1c2">Re: Mary's at Falls Cottage - Greenville?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mary's at Falls Cottage - Greenville? : The rock quarry that's more towards Cleveland Street? Or are you talking about a place actually IN Falls Park. We had our engagement pictures taken at the Rock Quarry that's over by Cleveland Street and it's absolutely gorgeous. We considered there for our wedding but it was a bit too small. 
    Posted by confuegoadentro[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's near cleveland street. I haven't actually been there, but the pictures are beautiful. I'm hoping to go check it out after the snow goes away. ;)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there on April 29, 2012 the max occupancy for the inside of the building is 41.  If you go over 41 you have to rent a tent for roughly $1200.00.  You can have a a dj or bring an ipod.  Weddings are usually on the back terrace overlooking falls park and the reception is on a patio looking towards the bridge.  It is gorgeous but definitley geared to a small wedding. They will handle everything for you from rentals to food to flowers to cake and decorating. Candy, the event planner is EXCELLENT to work with.  if you are considering having your wedding there, PLEASE go check it out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there last April and they were extremely eager to please me. Candy saved my life. Honestly, out of all of the places that I interviewed for an outdoor venue, they were the most affordable, and I could not have asked for a more enchanting place to have my wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards