Christian Weddings
Options

This Weekend

So, what's up for this weekend?  mattcam, TimsGirl10 and CRCraftsgal are getting married!  So exciting!  

We don't have any plans so hopefully we will have some time to relax.  In a few short weeks DH will be working a lot because he has a 2nd job in the summer time (baseball season - it actually starts in April).  So it will be nice to have a quiet, relaxing weekend.

So what else is happening this weekend? 

Re: This Weekend

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have my first shower, which is my main shower with my friends (the other one is small with FMIL's friends). I'm excited. It should be fun although it will be much colder than I expected so I might look a bit silly in the springy/summery dress I bought on sale in July for the shower. Oh well! I think it's pretty =).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay, have fun at your shower, Anna! 

Friday- I am going late night bowling with FI and people from our friends' church. It's from 10-1 am and I haven't stayed up that late in years. We might duck out early because I will probably fall asleep in my bowling shoes.

Saturday- Going to lunch with the family for my cousin's birthday... then doing taxes, fun. 

Sunday- Bible study and church. Then going for my first dress fitting with my MOH and getting dinner after! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am taking my mom to Hobby Lobby this weekend!  We have to go and purchase the green sand for our unity sand ceremony.  :-)

Other than that, I have my usual Saturday AM orchestra rehearsal, Sunday AM church choir, and probably resting a bit after a HARD week at the job (which I don't particularly enjoy, but the paycheck and benefits is worth it at this point!). 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Homework and little wedding knick knacks. I will be sooo happy when the semester is done!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping hoping hoping that DH doesn't have to work again this Saturday. We haven't had a real weekend all month. :P

Sunday is a really big day for our church. We've expanded the sanctuary and are making the bathrooms handicap accessible and upgraded the floors and chairs and such. So we're having a friendship/celebration Sunday service and potluck.
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's spring break, so my Friday is a little odd!

Friday - Rehearsal and tech work for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland from 10-12, then meeting my cousin at IKEA.  She and her husband will come over for dinner afterward.

Saturday - no idea.  We currently have no plans, but we're both off work!  Maybe just lie around the house and relax, maybe we'll go do something...who knows?!

Sunday - H is working, I'll work on the show a little and prepare to go back to school after spring break.  We're doing a wine tasting that night, all Ports.  I'm excited, I love port wine.
  • Options
    twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI has been on spring break this week (mine isn't until April) so I've been so incredibly blessed to see him every day this week!  Today he's leaving for Michigan for a DCI camp (he's on staff) so I won't see him at all this weekend.  Boo.

So, tonight I plan on going to Zumba for the first time and address more envelopes, Saturday I'm going to my aunt's with my mom and *hopefully* finish making the invitations, and Sunday, I've got church, and then I'll probably pass out from exhaustion, haha!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Super jealous of everyone who has a spring break. 9-5's don't get a break! UGH! haha.

Friday - 30 day shred day 7 - my body hurts..... also looking for a shower dress with my Mom :) YAY!

Saturday - packing the invites, stamping them and sending them off! We decided it was wise to put a tiny little number on the back of each RSVP in case somebody goofs and forgets to write their name on it. Doing 30 day shred day 8 - getting some clothes taken in (which is not related! LOL!) and organizing wedding stuffs

Sunday - going to my home church for the first time since last Summer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow! everyone is having such busy weekends. 

Friday - i work 7am - 3pm today...might go to the gym after work..but FMIL has the day off..so i may just go home and hang out with her for the rest of the evening. I have the stayover at work...so i have to come back at 11pm. boo! We are also mailing off payments for the caterer, venue, and wedding planner. hooray!

Saturday - i work 7am - 3pm. Then again FMIL has the day off...so i might watch movies with her. 

Sunday - church!!!! which i am soooo excited about since i havnt been there two weeks because of being out of town. so...i am excited! 
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joy - that is a great tip for sending your invites and numbering the response cards.  It is frustrating when someone forgets to put a name on their card and you have no idea who it was!  We also numbered ours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oohh...i think i might number mine too. great tip! (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're going to SC to find a place to live after we get married!!

Hopefully we'll remember to buy stamps so I can keep addressing invitations.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    jen- have fun house hunting!!! (: good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    friday: met with caterer/florist; going shopping for stuff like stamps, decoration stuff, finishing addressing invitations; sorting through stuff at home, hanging out with some friends tonight hopefully while i'm home

saturday: shower at church :) homework, probably more wedding planning stuff

sunday: drive back to school, help sort through stuff in the youth room, road trip to the beach with FI!

and i'm including monday since its still spring break (classes dont start up again till tuesday), but i guess i'll just be studying and relaxing (hopefully)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My first bridal shower!! My sister is flying in tonight for the weekend-- can't wait to see her!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay congratulations girls!!

I got birth control today.  That's exciting in a way lol.

Tomorrow I hang out with my sister then FI and I, my best friend and his best friend (who are dating) - the four of us are going to dinner.

Sunday - who knows!!  I know FI and I need to go to Lowe's to pick out sinks and a stove....

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards