New Jersey - South
Options

Venue Prices please!!!!

i hate that no one likes to talk prices !!!! Do any brides have any prices for south jersey wedding venues ?  my budget is less then 80$ per person and hopefully even around 50$ per person but i know that is pushing it.  im even willing to have my wedding on a off season and on a friday for cheaper prices... PLEASE HELP !! i dont want to visit a million places and then be disappointed with the price packages in the end and waste my time :-(

Re: Venue Prices please!!!!

• Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A co-worker of mine used Masso's in Glassboro for her wedding and was quite pleased with their affordable prices:

http://www.massoscatering.com/pages/crystalmanor.html

Personally, my wedding was held at my parent's synagogue with an affordable Kosher caterer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any places at that price range but what I can offer is some advice on lowering the package prices... my husband and I got married at our venue for around $100 less than what other couples paid per head there. We got married on a holiday weekend on a Sunday in winter... and it also brought the price down of every other vendor involved. Because our photographer, dj, florist and others were all less expensive it gave us some more wiggle room in our venue budget. I hope you find a place, good luck!!
  • Options
    shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you call the places you want to see and ask them for a ball park number it will give you an idea if it is worth your time or not. This is what we did and everyone was able to give us something to go off of.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marian House I believe is in that budget.  www.themarianhouse.com
    Contact them and they will mail you a flyer with their prices.
  • Options
    OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You may want to look into nice buildings that you can rent and bring in your own caterer.  Try Moorestown Community Center.  It is a beautiful old mansion that is a non profit, it has a huge endownment that helps pay for the up keep, so your price to rent the building is less.  I had looked into it for a bridal shower once. 

It may be helpful for us if you can give us an idea of your guest list.  How many people are you planning to invite?  With your budget it may be best to try for a Friday or Sunday in the wintertime to recieve as many discounts as you can.  You may want to just try for a restaurant with a private room, it may not be a typical reception, but if you want to be dancing perhaps you can have an after party at a place where you can dance.  Usually the after party, guests would pay for their own booze, so that would save you some money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_venue-prices-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:6cc8ce6d-4e99-4ba5-a03b-898e3dd7d760Post:2011b1e7-4f59-47ef-89f2-d73dc21208ad">Re: Venue Prices please!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A co-worker of mine used Masso's in Glassboro for her wedding and was quite pleased with their affordable prices: <a href="http://www.massoscatering.com/pages/crystalmanor.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.massoscatering.com/pages/crystalmanor.html</a> Personally, my wedding was held at my parent's synagogue with an affordable Kosher caterer. 
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]
    Our wedding & reception are going to be at Masso's in July of 2012!  I've been to other weddings there and their prices are very reasonable.  We were quoted for packages starting around $50pp for a Friday or Sunday.<div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    vlc28vlc28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone for your input..it helps a lot
  • Options
    missab2689missab2689 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know that valleybrook county club if you book in JAN/FEB/MARCH the take $10 off the pp price and they have packages that start at $69pp if you pick that with the $10 off you would be at $59pp and that includes open bar, a cake, center pieces, and lots of other great stuff too. hope that helps
  • Options
    TaraLeah3776TaraLeah3776 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also Bogey's at the Pitman Golf Course - my Fi had his graduation party there and I think it was only around $40 a person - not sure if they charge a lot more for weddings but you would think they wouldn't
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I pretty much called every venue in South jersey! lol.....Valleybrook was the most reasonable and is actually very beautiful....besides Masso's which is ONLY 50 per head! My little sister is getting married there in three weeks....and they also have a beautiful outside ceremony site. Brigalia's in sicklerville is 89 per  plate on a Saturday, probably cheaper on a friday or sunday....and is GORGEOUS....great food too!
  • Options
    PHughes819PHughes819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kcove- Valleybrook is great and you really get a lot for your money! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paris Caterers at the Palace and Antony & Cleopatra may be in your price range.

If it's an off-month you're thinking of, try some of the Hotels Unlimited Ballrooms in South & Central Jersey. They are beautfiul & newly renovated. There's the Ramada in Tom's River, the Holiday Inn in Toms River, the DoubleTree in Eatontown, and the Holiday Inn in East Windsor. They have great deals in the winter & the price includes open bar, hors d'oeuvres, 3 course dinner, cake, centerpieces, & overnight stay for the bride & groom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey bride to be!

Valleybrook is very nice, however, did you ever think of looking at one of Ron Jaworski's other golf courses?  I'm a wedding photographer that has shot absolutely gorgeous weddings at Running Deer Golf Club down in Elmer, NJ.  I just got married a few months ago, and if I were to choose anywhere in South Jersey to get married, it would definitely be there!  Especially because I know that they are budget friendly as well! <3  Just wanted to throw it out there!

Lots of luck on your planning!!!
    xoxoxox
    Tami
    Tami Melissa Photography
    xoxo, Tami Melissa * Bride + Photographer + Lover of love!
  • Options
    TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Renault Winery in Egg Harbor City is affordable. I am getting married there in January. They have a $10 off per person during the off season months. Also their rate is only about $65 per person.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My girlfriend just got a qoute of $32 per person at the pennsauken country club. SHe told them her budget and they created a specail package for her. You might want to check it out!
  • Options
    nacooper25nacooper25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went t a Bridal Show at the Cherry Hill Mall yesterday and there's a place in Mount Laurel called The Bradford Estate that starts at $59pp. They are having a tasting this Sunday 9/25....call and go check it out. I'll be there.
  • Options
    krizzo17krizzo17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Auletto's is a little more (probably closer to the 80 mark at a min), but we decided to look there anyway and found out their rates include the ceremony, all your centerpieces (fresh flowers) and the cake...so overall it actually works out to a little less.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards