Washington-Seattle

Rant & Rave Friday

Hooray for 3-day weekends!!!!!! <3
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Rant &amp;amp; Rave Friday

• Rant- I am attending a "bachelorette shower" tomorrow where the bride has asked for only money. We are going to dinner and then to a park to watch her open up her money. I feel awkward about it, shes thrown a lot of ettiquette to the wind.

Rave- Just ordered ties for my groom and his men and also the pair of blue cowgirl boots I have been eyeing to wear under my dress. I am SO excited!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsAshleyP:  I'm judging your Money mouth- bride friend too...  But at least you have cute boots!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Rant: 
    I really don't want to be at school anymore. I have two more classes, and they are proofs classes.. and I have nothing to show for today.. which makes me feel guilty. ugh. I don't want to gooooooooo. *4 more days left in the quarter.. just 4*

Rant2: H just deployed this week. I'm trying not to think about it because he is gone a lot anyway for his job (and this isn't our first deployment together), but it's still overwhelming to think of 7 months without him. I'm just pretending at the moment that he is gone for only a month. That's not scary.. just one month. 

Rave: It's a muthereffing three day weekend and I get to hike with friends this weekend. And get nails done with family. Yes. 
    Hello, Sunshine! 
  • Rant:  I now have a REALLY annoying TV in the lobby with me at work.  It plays a loop of REALLY F-ing boring corporate promos ALL DAY LONG.  I feel like a crazy person Cry

Rave:  I get to leave the annoying promos behind at 3:00 pm, because the office is getting out early for the holiday weekend!!!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • FTL:  :::hugs:::  I hope these next 7... erm... 1 month goes bye super, super fast!  I hope friends and family (maybe a couple of GBCN-GTGs) will keep you nice and distracted and busy Smile
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • mgoss- wow that blows. I'm sorry :/ 
    BUt at least a big yay for getting out early today! Especially on such a gorg. day!

uuhh Ashley-... Wow. 
    I don't think I would even want to go to that bach party out of sheer principle.. She really doesn't see the issue with that? And did she say what the money would go towards at least? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_rant-rave-friday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:0364b707-0a2a-4c57-81dc-218e6a7440a5Post:46cdba2b-a77c-4339-9bfc-0016b6676932">Re: Rant & Rave Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]FTL:  :::hugs:::  I hope these next 7... erm... 1 month goes bye super, super fast!  I hope friends and family (maybe a couple of GBCN-GTGs) will keep you nice and distracted and busy
    Posted by mgoss228[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks mgoss :) </div><div>I think so! I'm looking forward to a couple GTGs :) And I have lots of hiking/backpacking/travel trips planned for this summer. I grad in July and since we move in Dec I'm not bothering with finding a job. I'm going to be a bum housewife that travels haha! </div>
  • Rant:  Wanted to get out of town this weekend but way too much to do with the house and wedding plans.  At least we have a picnic in town tomorrow with friends.

Rave:  The sun is out and should be all weekend!  I leave work at 3:30 for a massage perfect way to start the weekend.

Ashley - I love your boots!  I want a pair.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Rant: My stupid brother who proposed to his wedding-crazy girlfriend of 5 months and they are now throwing together a shitty wedding for 4 months from now, for no apparent reason for rushing through everything. *sigh*

Rave: My AWESOME wedding (that's been 2 years in the works!) is less than a month away, my bridal shower is tomorrow, and its a beautiful weekend!!! :D

I'm pretty "meh" on the whole rustic/cowboy boots thing, but if that's your deal than at least you picked a cute color ;)

~Amanda
  • Rant I had to sit in traffic for an hour to make a 20 minute drive. Blehh. Rave The reason I went out today was to fill out paperwork for my new job! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageWhite Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_rant-rave-friday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:0364b707-0a2a-4c57-81dc-218e6a7440a5Post:5e7af02c-da88-498e-8ed3-bc8008a6b14b">Re: Rant & Rave Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]mgoss- wow that blows. I'm sorry :/  BUt at least a big yay for getting out early today! Especially on such a gorg. day! uuhh Ashley-... Wow.  I don't think I would even want to go to that bach party out of sheer principle.. She really doesn't see the issue with that? And did she say what the money would go towards at least? 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, she said it is going towards their honeymoon, since they have gone into debt to pay for the wedding. I did end up going... I feel badly for her. She didn't choose to have a bridal party, so her best friend just threw the party together. We went to dinner at Wann's (sort of an overpriced sushi place) and then walked around Seattle for a few hours looking for stuff to do. The best friend even had the bride wear a toilet paper veil. I finally went and bought her a bachelorette sash (which she said she will reuse at my bachelorette party). She never ended up opening our gifts either, but I am glad because I would have felt very uncomfortable having her open different amounts of money. I am just glad that is past us now. </div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards