Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Venue Blues

I suppose this is just a brief rant, but at first I was soo excited to start planning for our wedding.  I have done some research now for a little more than 3 months, and I feel so down in the dumps about the venue.  We really wanted a barn or farm in Baltimore County because we can not travel far from our church.  FI is very against going farther than maybe 30-45 minutes from the Kingsville/White Marsh area.  But it is all just too expensive (we do not want to spend more than $1500 for space rental, AND can't be locked into a required catering list as they are usually quite outrageous too)

How do you veteran brides get through this and get motivated to find the perfect place within a tight budget?  We cant budge on the guest list and we cant grow money on trees.  Pushing the date back (thinking april 2013) would actually put us in a worse situation as I start to prepare for my dissertation defense as the year 2013 progresses and into 2014.
June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
imageimage
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Venue Blues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the wineries in Balt Co? 

If you are locked into a strict budget, you might want to expand your search past the barn/farm idea.  I'm not super familiar with your area so I can't really suggest anything specific...I'm sorry. 

I know it's super frustrating...but it will get easier.  Once you do find a place, it feels like a big load has been lifted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi. Saw your post and thought I would suggest my venue - The Gudelsky Center at the Howard County Conservancy - it's a little more than you indicated ($1800 for a weekend night) but it's a neat space that includes tables and chairs in the rental and permits any licensed caterer. Check out http://www.hcconservancy.org/gudelsky.php
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies :-)  I am trying to get more open-minded and think outside the box a little bit.  and Seabiscuit, the photos of HCC are beautiful!  I love the wooden beams
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also look at the Other Barn in Columbia. The rental is $1400 for a weekend night, and you can have the ceremony outside in the garden if you want to for no extra charge. Tables and chairs are also included and you can use a caterer of your choice or bring in your own food. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards