Ohio-Columbus
Options

Valentines Plans!

Hey gals,
Just wanted to know what everyone had planned for Valentines Day. FI and I are still trying to decide what to do. It kinda sucks that it's on a Monday, but we aren't going to let that stop us from enjoying the day :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Valentines Plans!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sunday night - Studio 35 in Clintonville.  Everyone should be there!!  (Especially if you or your other half are in to good beer!)

Once a month they do a beer tasting and a movie, and they always try to schedule one on or near valentines day.  It's not super romantic, but it's soo much fun, kind of takes the pressure of the 'holiday'.  We've gone 2 years in a row with a few other couples.  We're hooked.  (these types of movie showings are a lot of fun, because the house fills up, and everyone cheers or boo's at the movie at certain times, it's very involved :)

This year, the movie is Zoolander! heck yes. 
    The beer tasting is with Columbus Brewing Co.  
    $20/ person (but you get almost too much beer :P )

It starts at 3, the brewmaster talks a lot while folks walk around pouring you beer for like an hour and a half, then at like 5 they start the movie.  We usually get a pizza (from the pizza shop down the road, the theatre orders it for it) for dinner during the movie. 

• Options
    sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm working doubles all of Valentine's weekend (the downside of being a server). If I'm lucky, I might celebrate it next week.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    turn and burn, Sep!!  

did my time in fine dining for 4 years - knottie/server vibes your way to power through the crazy weekend :)

• Options
    KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Surprising my FI at work. He's a restaurant manager and won't have the night off. Trying to think what I can do/bring to surpise him. Almost thought about having flowers delivered to him, lol. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    H is out of town all weekend, so we won't be doing anything obviously. We went out to dinner last weekend, so I guess that was it. We may go out to eat Monday night or something, but I don't know. Valentine's Day is more of a Hallmark holiday IMO anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the Newport Aquarium in Cinci and then we are going to Ikea on Sunday, and either sunday night or monday night we are going to dinner and to see Gnomeo and Juliet :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we're exchanging love letters over wine/beer and takeout. our valentine's day tradition...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After my husband gets out of class (he's getting a second master's degree and gets off late), we're going to Hubbard Grille for dinner. We're also going out for my birthday on the 16th but not sure where we're going yet. I always make him celebrate Valentine's Day and my birthday separately- it gives us another excuse to go out. We usually don't do any big gifts or anything. Last year, we said our gifts for the major holidays was the wedding and the house. This year, we bought everything for our dining room as our Valentine's Day and birthday gift(s). That was the only room in the house that needed furniture. Sounds like a boring gift but now that the wedding is over house stuff is really exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI will be out of town in Texas all week starting Monday, so it'll just be me and our 4 legged kids Undecided
  • Options
    skuhmanskuhman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were engaged last year on Valentines day while enjoying a getaway in the Hocking Hills, we couldn't go back there so we are making the same dinner we made that night :)
  • Options
    csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Luckily FI has Mondays off so  we're just planning on going out to dinner and having a low key night.

skuhuman - I got engaged on a weekend getaway to Hocking Hills too!  :)
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a tradition of getting a <3 - shaped pizza. Typically we go to Bellacino's in Gahanna, but this year we are getting one from Papa Murphy's. My idea of a perfect Valentine's Day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also got engaged at a cabin in the Hocking Hills in July :)  It was probably the best weekend of our lives....and paying for this wedding is keeping us from returning any time soon, unfortunately. But we plan to go back as soon as humanly possible! :)  We've decided to make reservations at the Japanese steakhouse in Easton....we normally go to Genji, but wanted to try something differnt :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are just going to dinner at Tony's Italian Ristorante.  We are thinking about having our rehearsal dinner there so I suggested we go check it out!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards