Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

AW Thursday

We got our highlight video last night! I didn't realize that I dance like a crazy person....
CLICKY

Re: AW Thursday

• Options
    Oh, Carrie, it's just beautiful!  I am getting all verklempt.

My AW is just "It's a small world" related.  Last night I was helping out with recruitment at OCU and another alumna and I got to talking and I mentioned that I used to teach in Plano.  She said, "Oh, my brother had a teacher who was an OCU Alpha Chi at Plano East... was that you?"  I said I never taught at PESH but that I was an East Plano teacher, so I asked what her brother's name was and, sure enough, he was in my Honors Bio class my first year teaching!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Love Love Love!!!! made me tear up!!
  • Options
    Carrie, that is a gorgeous video highlight! I hope you had a much better night's sleep last night in your new place, also =).
  • Options
    Carrie that video and your wedding looked amazing!! I made me tear up and also get super exicted for my big day. Any advice for the day of? Also where did you get your thumbprint sign in poster?
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
    We watched it this morning before I left for work, and I just wanted to stay at home and snuggle on the couch all day. And I, like, NEVER get romantical.

Tiffany -  I enjoyed my day so much more having a day-of coordinator. I didn't stress ONCE. And my three favorite parts of the wedding were the 3 times we were alone together: first look, eating together after the ceremony and pics, before the reception (we were 100% alone then, not even any pics), and during our private last dance. I think it means a lot to not just entertain your guests (which IS important), but to take some time together just to talk between the two of you. Some brides don't get ANY alone time with their grooms and that's crazy to me!
    And if you can believe it, Scotty drew the house. He found one on Etsy that we liked and he essentially 'copied', but I mean, he drew it by hand.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for that advice! I hired a day of for that reason. I dont want to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off. We already have certain times set in the schedule for "us" time, granted it's only 10-15 minutes here and there but I think it will be much needed.

Ok, first looks?!?! I'm so torn, what was your experience and would you recommend? Pros/cons?
  • Options
    Oh and I'm super jealous of your artistic "drawing" husband!! :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-150?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:734af6b8-1a15-4e3e-ac93-eb1191c7344dPost:143ba6ee-7945-4e27-a06d-2102f0a9a59e">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys! We watched it this morning before I left for work, and I just wanted to stay at home and snuggle on the couch all day. And I, like, NEVER get romantical. Tiffany -  I enjoyed my day so much more having a day-of coordinator. I didn't stress ONCE. And my three favorite parts of the wedding were the 3 times we were alone together: first look, eating together after the ceremony and pics, before the reception (we were 100% alone then, not even any pics), and during our private last dance. I think it means a lot to not just entertain your guests (which IS important), but to take some time together just to talk between the two of you. Some brides don't get ANY alone time with their grooms and that's crazy to me! And if you can believe it, Scotty drew the house. He found one on Etsy that we liked and he essentially 'copied', but I mean, he drew it by hand.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    I would recommend for the sole fact that I was becoming a wreck when we got to the venue (notice the wine pouring) from nerves and as SOON as I saw H, it all melted away. I mean, I was feeling nauseous. Seeing him calmed me down SO much, and when we separated again before the ceremony I just chilled with my bridesmaids.
    Not to mention all the great pictures we got. H works in the film industry and does photography on the side, so he was very much on board with getting more pictures.

ETA: I truly do not feel there was one single con. Our wedding wasn't uber traditional anyways, and I cared much more about our mental state and being happy than following tradition. I still got to walk down the aisle, and it was kind of cool seeing his face light up right in front of me instead of at the end of the aisle.
  • Options
    Our isn't super traditional either. and our reception is only going to be 3 hours long so cutting into that time for pictures after the ceremony just doesnt make sense to me, I want to be enjoying the party with everyone and I know I'm going to be so hyped up right after the ceremony that I'm going to be too excited to just stand there and take pictures. I know myself and I will be rushing the photographer to hurry and then miss shots that are important. OK i think my mind is made up on first look. Sorry to be a bug but do you have an example of the time line of the day of since you did do first looks?
  • Options
    We were running a little late because my mom was running late (not her fault, she got behind on setup), and I wanted her there to put on my dress. So we missed about 15 minutes of pictures AND guests that arrived 45 minutes early saw me in my dress but I just really didn't care.

9-4am - Get ready with bridesmaids at the hotel
    4:00 Leave hotel for venue (10 minute drive). Everyone was dressed but me.
    4:15-5:15 Hang out upstairs, drink, dance, fix makeup, take casual pics with bridesmaids, stalk people out the windows (we had the BEST view). This is probably when I got the most worked up/nervous. Toward the end I put on my dress.
    5:15 - 6:20ish - First look/ pics, wedding party pics, bride and groom pics. This part FLEW and I wish we had another 15 minutes.
    6:15 - Go upstairs.
    7:00 - Ceremony
    After the short ceremony is when we took the big family pictures with EVERYONE, and then because the storm was rolling in we took some more bride and groom pics. That wasn't really planned, but the ceremony and family pics took way less time than we thought.

We ate upstairs quickly and were introduced and into our first dance by 8:05.
  • Options
    Thank you for that, its super helpful!! Anything you would have completely done different knowing now that you know.
  • Options

Carrie - Your video is wonderful and it just made me so excited for my day! I love JChristopher's work so much.

My AW is we have a place to live! It's been a semi-stressful process but I'm just glad to be done! Now the dreadful task of moving :-(

• Options
    We are moving this weekend...DREAD! In with my soon to be mother-in-law for 3 months until our house is finished...DOUBLE DREAD!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-150?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:734af6b8-1a15-4e3e-ac93-eb1191c7344dPost:9a4706c7-6d1a-46b7-82e2-a50814c4d3df">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Carrie - Your video is wonderful and it just made me so excited for my day! I love JChristopher's work so much. My AW is we have a place to live! It's been a semi-stressful process but I'm just glad to be done! Now the dreadful task of moving :-(
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    The video is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I'm all teary-eyed!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-150?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:734af6b8-1a15-4e3e-ac93-eb1191c7344dPost:2c3fc167-df45-4c8d-933e-c46d1fcbe107">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are moving this weekend...DREAD! In with my soon to be <strong>mother-in-law for 3 months</strong> until our house is finished...DOUBLE DREAD! In Response to Re: AW Thursday :
    Posted by tiffanygoss[/QUOTE]

that's a pretty long time! hopefully it goes by fast and everything goes smoothly.
  • Options
    Im hoping it doesnt feel like a year. Our house sold withing 8 days of putting it on the market, which is awesome but it also made our time in between houses longer. Oh well, i should probably just count my blessings and quit complaining!! Good luck on your move! :) 40% chance of rain tomorrow! Blah!
    I
    n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-150?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:734af6b8-1a15-4e3e-ac93-eb1191c7344dPost:18e446f7-7f5a-4d26-92e2-633c12b505e2">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : that's a pretty long time! hopefully it goes by fast and everything goes smoothly.
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Carrie finally home and got to watch the video. You looked stunning and it looked like you really had a great time and enjoyed your day. I hope I have as much fun on my day as it looked like you did.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Where are your flower girl dresses from? I'm pretty much in love with them!
  • Options
    The video was stunning!  Love, love, love!  Makes me hope we end up having room in the budget for a videographer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Carrie - Aaaaahhhh...I finally got a chance to watch your video!!! AH.MAZ.ING. The clip of your vows was so super sweet, it almost made me tear up (and I never tear up)! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tkb - The dresses are from Zulily! It's all online discounted kid's clothes. I signed up for their daily emails, and I had SO many to choose from every day. They ended up being about $45 with shipping. I also got their shoes there, but they thew a fit about wearing them so I just let them go barefoot (it ended up being so cute).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards