Oklahoma

Officiant

This is my first time using the message boards. I am getting married April 10th in OKC and I am having problems finding an officiant. I just moved here in June and so I am fairly new to the area but I wanted to have the wedding where I am living instead of my hometown in Iowa. Any tips or advice you can give me would be so helpful and appreciated!

Re: Officiant

• lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the board! I can't really help you out with the officiant (my uncle is an ordained minister and is marrying us). Good luck with the planning!
  • lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat!  We do not want a religious ceremony, and everyone who I call is a minister, pastor, etc. and I'm worried I will offend them, and religion will still squeek through.
    Anniversary
  • YogisBooBooYogisBooBoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Give Cyndi Lu Daniels a call or email. She does officiating. Her add in the PerfectWedding Guide says this:

"Customized wedding ceremonies that are contemporary, personal, and memorable!

Ceremony options include: Tratidtional, Non-Traditional, Non-Denomitational, Spiritual, Interfaith, Civil, or Renewal of Vows. Couples can use their own ceremony and vows if they prefer.

Last minute or planned weddings welcome."

Her number is 405.831.0390 and her email is: cyndiludaniels@sbcglobal.net

I will say that I know her personally and I'm not just recommending her because I know her and what not. She also works at the Oklahoma History Center and is in charge of events, which is where I'm having my ceremony and reception. So I know that she's professional in what she does because of my dealings with her for almost a year in regards to my wedding.

I hope this helps!
  • Argo-MccoyArgo-Mccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I just emailed Cyndi Daniels so hopefully I hear something back soon.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually going to go see her tomorrow...I'm knocking out 2 birds with 1 stone tomorrow...part of a final for one my history classes (have to evaluate one of the galleries in the museum) and the other is to go make a payment for my wedding day. I'll ask her if she got an email from some one in regards to her officiating. But she does tend to be quick depending on her week. Every one tends to have one of those weeks that seem to go to hell from the get go....

• Argo-MccoyArgo-Mccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! My FI and I met with her Friday and she is just great! She is all about doing the wedding cermony how we want it and she is very easy to talk to. Thank you so much for recommending her.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that I could be of service!!! I'm glad that she's able to help! She's a great person to work with. And yay...that's one more check off your list and one less thing to worry about as the days begin to dwindle for you!
  • katymarie101katymarie101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mr Crispy he is out of Tulsa but he is super nice you can always try him... www.alternativeceremony.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards