New York-Western

Justice of the Peace or other officiant?

Hey ladies,
We're looking for someone to marry us....have any of you used a Justice of the Peace or some other officiant? It doesn't have to be a religious person, non-denominational is fine. Just not sure at all how to go about finding someone. We were going to have a pastor of my fiancés family marry us, but there are some complications there. We just want someone who could come wherever we have the ceremony and marry us.

Thanks for any help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Justice of the Peace or other officiant?

• edited December 2011
    Rev. Sue Samuels does a really cool hand fasting ceremony. I have been to one before and it is definitely unique.

http://www.handfasted.com/index.html
  • Aquarian342Aquarian342 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will agree with Milosovici, we are actually booked in September with Sue Samuels.  Her hand fasting ceremony sounds really awesome and she's gonna read our vows for us haha (both of us get very emotional).  She is a really nice person, very sweet and accommodating to whatever it is you need/want for your ceremony.  If you want something religious she can do readings, or if you prefer something more basic she is fine with that as well (I believe she said something about mentioning "blessings" but not God if that's more your style).  She is part of Two Hearts ministries if you would like to get in contact with her.  Let me know if you have any other questions!  Or if you have found someone by now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards