July 2012 Weddings
Options

So.... Valentine's Day is coming up soon

Do you and your FI have anything special planned?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Photobucket

Re: So.... Valentine's Day is coming up soon

• Options
    I have no idea what we'll be doing.  FI may have to work, but if my new china comes I will make sure we have a nice at home Valentine's dinner  (pink china only :) )
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Pink china would go well for V-day!

We are going to volunteer together that 3 day weekend for a non-profit group.  We're taking disabled participants dog sledding in Jackson Hole for 3 days.
  • Options
    FI has something planned and I will be happy doing anything but I really want to go ice skating at an outdoor rink in the city more than anything so I've been dropping hints.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_valentines-day-coming-up-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba175ca4-7ea7-4295-9f71-fab1b090b838Post:104698dd-fdce-4b80-8f68-bd3db2175f81">Re: So.... Valentine's Day is coming up soon</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI has something planned and I will be happy doing anything but I really want to go ice skating at an outdoor rink in the city more than anything so I've been dropping hints.
    Posted by 7E&G7[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Aww that sounds like fun!  I've always wanted to do that too, but never have.  When I was younger we used to love going indoor ice skating in the middle of a heat wave in the Summer :)

</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_valentines-day-coming-up-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba175ca4-7ea7-4295-9f71-fab1b090b838Post:104698dd-fdce-4b80-8f68-bd3db2175f81">Re: So.... Valentine's Day is coming up soon</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI has something planned and I will be happy doing anything but I really want to go ice skating at an outdoor rink in the city more than anything so I've been dropping hints.
    Posted by 7E&G7[/QUOTE]

I visited a friend in San Fran last month. She wanted to go ice skating in downtown.  We thought we'd go for just 20 minutes, but we ended up skating on that little rink for 2 hours!  It was fun!  I grew up saking on ponds.
  • Options
    We are not big into celebrating V-day, but I usually make us a nice dinner, we have wine, and FI always gets me flowers.  Maybe we will do something different this year since we're engaged, but I doubt it! lol 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Meggles your in Philly right? The one we go to is the River Rink on Penn's Landing, they even do a special skate session for Valentines Day called Sweetheart Skate. You should look it up.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    We r just staying home the day of but we r going out to dinner to a really nice restaurant the Friday after :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_valentines-day-coming-up-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba175ca4-7ea7-4295-9f71-fab1b090b838Post:a7165485-c475-48de-a92c-09878184f310">Re: So.... Valentine's Day is coming up soon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meggles your in Philly right? The one we go to is the River Rink on Penn's Landing, they even do a special skate session for Valentines Day called Sweetheart Skate. You should look it up.
    Posted by 7E&G7[/QUOTE]

<div>Hahahaa  I am actually in Delaware... but TK apparenlty doesn't recognize it as a real state?  LOL</div><div>
    </div><div>Aww I def wanna go now!</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Since we're traveling next week we'll be at my mom's house by then haha so who knows! Not much I'm sure but that's fine with me :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_valentines-day-coming-up-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba175ca4-7ea7-4295-9f71-fab1b090b838Post:477140f5-b711-4805-84c3-6422bc56a543">Re: So.... Valentine's Day is coming up soon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pink china would go well for V-day! We are going to volunteer together that 3 day weekend for a non-profit group.  We're taking disabled participants dog sledding in Jackson Hole for 3 days.
    Posted by ginadog[/QUOTE]

<div>Applause! That' a great thing to do.</div><div>
    </div><div>We don't really celebrate Valentines day. We're going on a romantic getaway next week, but that's more of a coincidence. I'm still hoping I'm getting a big  bouquet or a box of chocolate someday, but I don't think FI will realise that.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    FI's birthday is February 7th so Valentines Day usually gets lost in the mix of everything. But I'm planning on baking up a storm of all his favorites and writing him a nice card. He probably won't do anything more than flowers, it's not really our thing.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We do not celebrate valentine's day. I think spouses should be romantic year round.
  • Options
    Well I personally think V-day is overrated and is just a Hallmark holiday.  FI and I don't usually do anything and if we do we do it the weekend before or the one after otherwise your paying double what you normally would and if going out for dinner, crowds are CRA-ZY!
    But no, we don't have anything planned... yet.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    We usually get each other something small. No big plans we are broke with all the wedding plans.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm working the day of valentines day. I'm hoping to get out by 7ish to have a nice dinner at home. We're going to a restaurant near us the Sunday before for dinner. We usually just give each other candy or small gifts.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Not really. We usually give each other something small. I usually give him a boxer and a bag of candy.

We usually keep it simple because our birthday is on the 3rd. Again, this year for our birthday we're not doing much. Saving money for the house!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd love to do something at home - but short of setting up a table in our bedroom - we can't have a "romantic dinner".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_valentines-day-coming-up-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba175ca4-7ea7-4295-9f71-fab1b090b838Post:14492434-7512-4e22-9d75-4db1be1b5874">Re: So.... Valentine's Day is coming up soon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to do something at home - but short of setting up a table in our bedroom - <strong>we can't have a "romantic dinner".
    </strong>Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

Why not?
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    firefly - You need to find abuela a man for a date on Valentine's day, then maybe you'll get some peace and quiet.

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_valentines-day-coming-up-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba175ca4-7ea7-4295-9f71-fab1b090b838Post:14492434-7512-4e22-9d75-4db1be1b5874">Re: So.... Valentine's Day is coming up soon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to do something at home - but short of setting up a table in our bedroom - we can't have a "romantic dinner".
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe you should do just that. Get lots of little bites and feed them to each other in bed and make something romantic out of it, candles and all.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nothing much, but we are going to northern Spain the following weekend b/c he has some time off of school. That should be romantic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We actually don't like Valentine's Day. It is just a personal opinion of ours that we both think why show someone you like someone only 1 certain day and shower them with gifts. We think that someone should show their love everyday of their life, not just one day. Just our opinion.
  • Options
    FI and I are going to a nice dinner the weekend before. It's actually being held at your wedding venue. They're going to have live music and dancing too. I'm really excited. I think it's going to be really romantic Smile As for gifts, we try to spoil each other as much as we can. I got him a new video game and a book of collected sherlock homes stories. He got me a set of new luggage that I was drooling over and is dropping hints about another smaller surprise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards