Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Caterer reviews wanted

Has anyone had experience with LMR, Belmont or Chef Choice catering? We have gotten quotes from all three but I put a lot of stock in other people's reviews. Please let me know if you have thoughts to share!!!

Thanks!  

Re: Caterer reviews wanted

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only one I have experience with is LMR- we did a tasting with them. We really liked the food and the people were nice too. Their big thing is grilling and barbecue type food, so if that's the kind of thing you're looking for then I would highly recommend them. We almost booked with them but we ended up going with Bullwinkle's because they quoted us about the same price but Bullwinkle's included so much more (all linens, real china, etc.)
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe my family has used LMR for a pig roast and really liked them.

Belmont has awesome potato salad and cabbage rolls. Random, I know. I've been known to make a special trip to their store for potato salad on my infrequent trips home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chef Choice did my best friend's reception and the food was a huge disappointment.  I couldn't imagine why she would hire them - then she told me it was nothing like what they had experienced at the tasting.  Beware of that one. 
  • Options
    anneb87anneb87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had any exposure to those three companies, but we are going with Hilver's Catering-amazing! 3 of my cousins have used them in the past 2 years and had nothing but compliments! Well priced too!
  • Options
    escs210escs210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback...incidentaly we got engaged at Bullwinkle's. My fiance didn't want to tip me off that he was planning something so that was my pick for a Friday night dinner after a long work week and it ended up being more than that :) 

I have heard about places doing good tastings and then being disappointed on the wedding day but wasn't sure if that was true! How discouraging! I guess that's why message boards like this are so important! 

Again, thank you all so very much! 
  • Options
    Maurawed1112Maurawed1112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive been to several weddings who used Vonderharrs (i may not have spelled that right!!) and Funkys (again may be a spelling error!) The food was GREAT at both!!
  • Options
    Starstruck8Starstruck8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would be fun if you used Bullwinkle's. It could be a little "tribute" to your engagement.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! My friend actually used LMR catering for a wedding last night. I was her day of helper and I don't have a great review, to be honest. The caterer was supposed to be at the location at 3. I called at 3:35 to see where they were becuase they had agreed to be there at 3. She said, rudely, "No, we were leaving at 3, and it's a 45 minute drive" so I said, "Oh you should be here soon then" and she said, "Oh no. We are just now leaving. We got started late". So they showed up about an hour and a half later than planned. They were running around like crazy because they were so late. They were rude. They didn't have the personnel they needed to get stuff moved to where it needed to go, so family and groomsmen had to help (which is ridiculous).

As the bride was literally getting ready to walk down the aisle (wedding and reception were at same location) the main lady came out asking about mixers for alcohol (inappropriate timing) and when I told her I wasn't sure where they were, she was very rude and said "I guess you won't be having cocktails then". The groom's father had to leave right after the wedding to get mixers, as opposed to the caterer sending one of the many people she brought to go get them.

The food was good.

Cleanup was slow. There were dirty dishes on the head table for an hour after the meal was finished.

THe overall experience was very poor. Just thought I'd let you know!

Good luck and enjoy planning!
    Holly
  • Options
    Jessica41091Jessica41091 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Vonderharrs.  They were so great.  I've been to other weddings where I wasn't impressed with the staff, but I was so impressed with the staff that worked with on our wedding day.  The food was amazing!
  • Options
    escs210escs210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met with Bullwinkles the other night and are very impressed with the food and the catering manager seemed very concerned about his business and gave us lots of personal time. Their prices are great so I am pretty sure we will go with them. When we met with LMR the woman was very rude, even trash talked another bride AFTER our planner had told her that she was coordinating the other's brides wedding. Not only was her attitude bad but so was the food. It wasn't made fresh; we know that because she told us that she had to heat it up because her kitchen staff left her. She didn't even wait for our planner to arrive before "heating up" our plates. I was shocked when we went to Bullwinkles and for about the same price received 10 times better food and service. Hopefully they will be just as good for the wedding day! Thank you all for your feedback and let me know if you have any follow ups on Bullwinkles!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Little Miami River catering is a BBB member and has received zero complaints in the past three years. I would hope that the person who had a bad experience with them takes the time to file a complaint so others can be wary. They are catering my wedding in two weeks, so I hope it turns out okay!
    image 117 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 2 Can't find the mailbox!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards