Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Robert Fair Catering

Has anyone used Robert Fair Catering?  We are thinking of using one of the sites where they are the exclusive caterer.  We've seen mostly good reviews, but one or two really bad ones - so thought I'd check.

How is the food?  We haven't had a tasting yet.

How was the coordinator?  Was she helpful?  Overbearing or easy to work with?

Were the staff professional?

Any advice/information would be helpful!

Thanks.

Re: Robert Fair Catering

• Options
    edited December 2011

They catered my cousin's wedding.  The entree was cold when it was served including the meat, which was fatty.  I wasn't overly impressed.  Sorry.  Maybe it was just an off night.

• Options
    Lauren0409Lauren0409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Robert Fair.  What venue are you looking at?  My wedding is at The Manor House at Prophecy Creek, which they are managing.  Anyways, so far, so good!  I have worked with both Kerry and his wife Terri.  Both were extremely accommodating.  My mom and dad were extremely nit picky on little things in the contract and they were very nice and calm during the whole process.  I actually just had my tasting on Sunday.  The food was really good, but not fabulous.  Honestly, I've only been to one wedding with fabulous food and they spent 40k just on the venue for the fabulous food.  Food is not a priority to me, but that's me.  I'd rather have a courteous and helpful staff, which I have found Robert Fair has.  They seem on top of everything and organized which I really like.  If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I was at prophacy creek sunday morning and saw them setting up the tasting!  It's our top choice, but we have some reservations.

We were just a bit concerned about signing the contract with them and not having tried the food.  When I asked about a tasting, Terri only offered August as a possibility.  We don't want a full menu, just to try SOMETHING, so I was a bit shocked that they couldn't fit that in for another 5 weeks when they have events every weekend.

I read some pretty bad reveiws and didn't really get a good feeling from Terri, so we were a bit concerned - thanks for hearing both opinions.

Lauren - If we choose the same site, I'd love to hear more about what you are doing!

Thank you!

• Options
    Lauren0409Lauren0409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do know they do tastings every 5-6 weeks.  I didn't even think about trying food anywhere before signing a contract, but I do understand your concern!  Also, I understand your concern about Terri.  She definitely has a personality that you can give or take.  Fortunately, she really got along with my parents, fiance, and myself.  I did see the same reviews, but I ended up deciding that I loved Prophecy Creek too much to pass it up.  Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies, 

where are these bad reviews? 
    I am looking into Robert Fair for my wedding at Merion Tribute House.  I only see the positive reviews on wedding wire and yelp. am I missing something? 

btw, lauren, I would check out Merion Tribute House. it is a gorgeous venue! (but I am biased, I am getting married there)

nat
  • Options
    Here's the bad reviews but it seems two of them are from the same wedding (?)

But weddingwire seemed quite positive.

They really should schedule tastings more often. They told me it is about every 2 months. I don't think every month will kill them and 2 months is a long time for someone to wait to decide about a venue. This is the thing that makes me most nervous.

That being said, they do seem to be quite professional.

If anyone has info on how it turned out - please post. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards