Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Photography help!

I m in search of a photographer and although ive read some great posts I am still looking for some fresh recommendations. I am on the North shore.. really looking for that photojournalistic eye.. not just posed photos.I want a photographer to capture moments- not poses. Really trying to keep the cost under 3k if at all possible.. are there any hidden gems out there? Heard great things about Berry although they arent avail on my date...ANY help is appreciated lovely ladies!

Re: Photography help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Portrait New England? I have been recommending them on here once in a while, they shot my wedding back in July. They are a really small company- just the two of them- and have both been trained in photography by shooting for newspapers, so they are real photojournalists and not just posers. Their prices are very reasonable too. Check out their site and see what you think: www.portraitnewengland.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we used john loconte from www.johnlophoto.com and he is fantastic! cant recommend him enough :)

hth
  • Options
    marshallramarshallra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try Rob Strong.  He is a photojournalist at heart but  does alot of weddings.
    He is based in Dartmouth NH but has family in Wayland so the North Shore is easily doable for him.

He is very talented and a very nice low key guy. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Bharat Parmar.  He can do a la carte options, but does have a package under $3,000.  I have loved my experience with him so far (we did engagment photos with him in the fall).  He also did the wedding of our best man, and we knew we wanted to use him after seeing their album.  It is gorgeous!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Ashley O'Dell.  I LOVE her work.  I will of course report back after our wedding (next week!!) but so far she's been great and she truly has a photojournalist approach!  She will work with you on price, depending on what you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've worked with Molly Anne Photography and Melissa Deschamp Photography and highly recommend them both!  They really do a great job with both the photojournalistic stuff and the more formal photos.  Not sure what you are looking for in terms of album, disc etc, but I know they both customize packages for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Black Thumb Studio and my package was around $3k but he does have another one under that and he includes an engagement session in all of his packages.  You can customize the package to fit your needs.  Black Thumb Studio is owned by Jeff Turner, i highly reccommend checking out his work.  www.blackthumbstudio.com
  • Options
    metrobabemetrobabe member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We also used Berryphotos and were thrilled. Yeah, I know they have another photographer who did our friends wedding last year (Andy or Arne or something) he was great. If Keith isn't available was one of their others? For anyone else looking, We had a very positive experience with them and highly recommend them. www.berryphotos.com
  • Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd highly recommend our photographer, Leah Haydock.  She's based out of NH and she is *amazing*!  You can read a full review in my bio, but the bottom line is that we LOVED her!!  She is such a nice person, very easy to work with.  I am always blown away by the photos on her blog.  They really capture the emotion of the day!  I really can't say enough good things about her.  Check out her blog, her work speaks for itself.  We paid a bit more than your budget, but that included 2 albums.  She was able to put together a package to include everything we wanted in our price range.   And she was totally worth every penny we spent on hiring her!

http://leahhaydock.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Kate Mckenna Eads from Crabapple photography. She is going to be doing my "rock the dress"  in the snow and also did my boudoir photos for my husband's present. I would have gone with her if I hadn't already hired someone. She does beautiful work and I want her to photograph my future babies too!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another John LoConte bride! Def check him out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say Jeff Turner at Black Thumb (he was on my list before we went with Keith Berry). 
    Julie Moscatel is an up and coming photographer--her work is incredible. http://jmoscatelphotography.blogspot.com/p/categories.html
    Definitely recommend her too....I'd have booked her but I found out about her AFTER I booked Keith.  My friend's using her for her wedding in 2012.
    4/29/12
  • Options
    blaharnblaharn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michael Brook of Michael Brook Photography. He is amazing and just a really nice guy! He did our e-pics and will be shooting our wedding on 4/3/11. He's got a nice photojournalistic eye and style. We're spending $1900 for him. He has lots of packages to fit any budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using AMW photos and they're from the nothshore, I'm really excited about them and they come as a team so the pricing was really great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Scott Metzger.  We used him for our wedding and absolutely loved working with him.  Ours pics were amazing!  I have a review along with links to the slideshow he made for us and our album proof in my bio (under Vendor Reviews) if you're interested.

http://www.metzgerstudios.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    JS888JS888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Scott Metzger! We booked him for our wedding this coming August because we loved his work  - and him - and he was willing to work with our budget!   He is based in Lexington.  

http://www.metzgerstudios.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heather Parker photography was who we had and since the wedding we have gotten nothing but praises on our pictures. She was great to work with and DH's brother who is a photographer helped us select her so we sifted through a lot. A ton of knotties have used her over the last few years and the links that have been shared on here have always blown me away even after my own wedding. www.heatherparker.com is the site but there is a photo blog that has some of my favorite photos on there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Scott Metzger.......check out his website

metzgerstudios.com
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd second Portrait New England.  We used them for our wedding, and we loved the photos.  One of them (the one shown below) even got picked up by the Science Museum, London, for its permanent exhibit.  While I am a bit cautious about posting photos from which we are identifiable on the Internet, if you send me a message using the contact form at this link, I can let you see the rest of the photos they did of our wedding.

• Options
    winterclassicwinterclassic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather Parker Photography she was excellent and even on a winter day she got some very creative night time photos for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mandymayberry.com  her photos are fantastic and her packages are cheap!  our package including 2 photographers all day and an album and the rights to our prints and engagement photos is $2400
  • Options
    amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out my photographer... Amber Shomo with Forever Candid Photography. She's actually based out of Salem so she's right on the North shore! She's amaaaazing and so talented and she's definitely under $3k. She's somewhat of a new business so she's so cheap for her talent!! I highly recommend her. 

• Options
    Chrisbord237Chrisbord237 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out www.freestyleweddings.com!!!! My pics are under my bio. I used them as well as some of my friends and was thrilled with my pics and album. They are a husband and wife couple with so much to offer. Def on the higher end but absolutely amazing. Promise you will be happy!!!!!!! Ask for Jen.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    berryphotos was my first choice and we went with him.  my second choice was SCott Metzer.  we went with Berry for price and also his personality fit us better.  Scott is very technical.  I have no doubt he would have done a good job for us, we just liked Keith better.
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Adriano Batti  He is one of the best in the business here. All of my photos were amazing and he is awesome to work with.

adrianobatti.com
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Chrisbord237Chrisbord237 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend freestyleweddings.com. Check out my bio pics. I was extremely happy with them. They are a husband and wife duo with so much to offer. Good luck Hun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using John Hazelton from The Pros, they have showcases at Danversport where you can meet there photgraphers. they are resonably priced and you get a lot for your money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards