Ohio-Columbus
Options

Reception at Jeffrey Mansion?

I'm new to the boards and need some feedback please.  We are getting married in St. Lucia and are planning an "at home reception".  I'm looking for a venue that has indoor and outdoor space.  Has anyone hosted their reception at Jeffrey Mansion or been to a reception there?  Is so, can you please tell me about your experience?  Thank you!

Re: Reception at Jeffrey Mansion?

• Options
    New MILNew MIL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A loooooong time ago my cousin got married and had a reception there.  I remember thinking it was very nice!  That's probably not a whole lot of help though, is it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just met with a caterer today and she mentioned to me that many people have their ceremony at Jeffery mansion but not the reception because they do not allow alcohol to be served.  That probably doesn't help much, but that's all I've heard about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeffery Mansion doesn't allow alcohol or candles of any kind. It's VERY VERY small, and has very limited parking as well. You also have to bring EVERYTHING in yourself (florist, tables, chairs, caterer, dj, etc. etc). They don't have any preferred vendors list to help you either. I was thinking of having my wedding there, so I went in to get information, and was barely helped at all. It seems like it is run by kids in high school who work there part time or something. I took my business elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards