California-Bay Area
Options

Carmel honeymoon

We are planning our honeymoon in Carmel, but are from Texas. Can anyone recommend a few affordable hotels/B&Bs in the area?

Re: Carmel honeymoon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not quite in Carmel, but my parents just came back from a getaway to Asilomar which is a hotel/facility which was designed by Julia Morgan. It's absolutely stunning and is right on the beach. 
    My mom would walk down to Pebble Beach in the mornings and said it was lovely. They said the cost was very reasonable as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Colonial Terrace is just a few blocks away from the beach and is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  Cozy rooms, vintage/ country decor-- I grew up in Monterey and still stay here on occassion.  You should definitely check it out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    raechel143raechel143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a wedding planner in Carmel. You can try the La Playa hotel really close to the beach, Green lantern inn, or the Wayfarer inn. Places to eat that are a must. La bicylce (pizza), forge in the forest (American), friar tucks (breakfast) 5th ave deli (lunch). Also you can try and catch a show at the outdoor theater called Forest theatre, they do plays and show movies. Also tip and trick to do 17 mile drive for free go on a weekend bring a newspaper and say that you are going to a garage sale, works every time! Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards