Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

e-pics outfit ideas

We're getting our engagement pics taken next Sat so I need to figure out the outfit.  The general consensus among fam/friends/FI is to go with my flat brown knee high boots w/skinny jeans and a sweater.  This is fine with me and I'll stay warm but I'd like to layer for some different looks.  We'll be at the monuments in DC so the restrooms are sparse and we're taking the metro in so I'd rather not lug stuff around.  Any ideas of what type of tops to wear and layer, as well as where to find it?  I've been unsuccessfully looking online and time is limited this week!

Here is one idea I found: 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: e-pics outfit ideas

• Options
    cathrynlehmancathrynlehman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At the very least you could pack heels and do some in skinny jeans with boots and some with skinny jeans and heels to give you a dressier look. If I were looking for a fun outfit I would probably check out Anthropologie and Forever 21.  Obviously different price ranges, but both would have some fun options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting mine on Saturday, too, and I'm going nuts trying to figure out my outfit!  I spent a lot (too much!) time looking at my photographer's page getting ideas.

Something that I did see in pics was a girl who wore a really cute cape-like coat over her regular outfit.  In some pics she had the coat on and in some she did not.

The Loft had some cute sweaters the other day.  Not sure exactly what your style is.  Old Navy also had some cute long-sleeved scoop necks and they were on sale just yesterday.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of switching up the shoes to convey two different looks. Maybe also a dressier blouse under a cardigan, that way the cardigan and boots would look more casual, then you could take it off for a more polished look with the boots. Also, how about accessories? I don't have any concrete ideas, but you could always mix things up with a scarf, shawl, big necklace, etc. HTH some! At least the weather is still mild, though I think I saw highs in the lower 60s for next Sat., so the weather is finally starting to cool down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oooh, I love the idea of bringing heels to do some a little dressier! Sometimes it's the simple things that we tend to overlook:)  Thanks ladies!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards