California-Los Angeles

How did you find your wedding photographer?

Hi fellow brides!
I am in the process of trying to find a wedding photographer. I am already overwhelmed with all the options and I would love some advice. What have you ladies found to be the best way to go about finding "the one"? I know there are a million options here on the knot and other websites, not to mention on our venue's vendor list,  but so far none of them have caught my eye.  My fiance and I are really looking for a more "contemporary/trendy" look, and other than doing a generic google search, I don't know how to narrow it all down.  Have any of you found your vendor list photograhers to be promising, or did you end up having to do all of your own research? Thanks in advance for your help!! 

Re: How did you find your wedding photographer?

• edited December 2011
    There's a similar question a few posts down with some good info (LA Photographers.)

• theKylieBridetheKylieBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey jess715! Did you post this on the topical forum as well? If not, we went with www.jennandtravis.com LOVE them. Definitely contemporary and fun. 

• edited December 2011

I found mine on here, doing a post similar to this.  Check out Corbin Kell, www.corbinkell.cc, I went with him because of his style an really liked his prices and personality.  Find a fw you like and and set up meetings with them!

• jessjones1989jessjones1989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.imaginephotoaz.com, that's all I can say!  Simply the best there is IMO!
  • imlovingitimlovingit member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found our photographer on another board but she is also a favorite on this board.  I remember seeing the list our venue provided and it was a lot of older 80s style looking photographers. We were not impressed for sure. We knew that our photog was the one when we met with her. Her prices fit within our budget and the quality of work and style was exactly what we wanted. You don't have to settle for a list your venue is giving you just do a lot of research. When you find one that is the style you want you won't even want to look at other sites and that's how you'll knwo that the one. Just incase here is our photographer's info www.natalylemus.com and her blog is www.natalylemusphoto.blogspot.com.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked up photographers on projectwedding.com? That's where I found mine. I was able to read reviews from previous brides. I also checked their blogs to get a feel for their work.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Here are some photographers to consider. Not sure of your budget
    Marlin munoz www.marlinmunoz.com
    Palos studio www.palosstudioblog.com
    Amelia lyon
    www.amelialyon.net
    Anna Mae Lam http://www.annamaelam.net/page/3/

Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found ours on Wedding Wire. We liked his work online, and we saw he had a few different packages that fit our budget, so we set up a meeting. When we left the meeting, we asked each other if it could really be that easy (then we booked him right away..before we had our venue or date set!!)
    You're right--there are a ton of photogs out there who have great prices, do great work and are reliable. After those things, the key is personality. You don't realize how much time you'll end up spending with your photographer!! And even though mine was quite stealth during the ceremony and most of the reception, I spent more time with him then I did with my hubby that day! 
    We used Nathan Nowack (www.weddingsbynathan.com).

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! Your recommendations have been SO helpful! I've started a list and plan to make some calls this week. Wish me luck!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I found mine on here.  A TON of people recommended Nataly Lemus and I used her and she is great and affordable
  • LibraShawnLibraShawn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

About an hour ago I just met with Nataly and her Husband....wonderful work! My WC recommended her.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely by referral. Our photographers were referred by friends/family of a previous wedding we attended, so we knew they were a first hand referral. We chose Chris and Gina from Chris Holt Photography- choltphotography.com. They are amazing to work with and I love how they are meticulous about capturing the emotions throughout the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards