Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Brides Beware! DJ SCAM!!!!

Any brides to be do not use Premier Music! My wedding is October 23rd, 2010-It is 4 days before my wedding and I just found out that he is a fraud- luckily I figured this out before the day of the wedding. I just want to make sure that no one else falls for this and ruins their day. He supposedly has DJ's in every state. When I first contacted him my contract was messed up twice, he apologized and we moved on, I had already sent my deposit...I figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt. After I sent in the remainder of my balance in July, I had trouble contacting him for a week. I finally got a hold of him and again he apologized, saying there was a problem with his email (and phone?) Just this last week he emailed stating that he still has not received the remaining balance due (which was sent in July), he apologized saying that it was overlooked and everything is set to go, and he would be there at the agreed time. The whole time I had been speaking to him the name on his email was Steve Ehrhardt, this last email the name was Steve Thomas-weird. My fiance and I for the next 5 days called and emailed asking for this in writing that we had a zero balance due, and asked for the boss's phone number. This company is supposedly based out of Colorado, we are in Michigan, but they have DJ's in every state. After further investigation, we saw that our checks were not cashed in Colorado, but in North Carolina and South Carolina, somehow with records at multiple banks so we can't narrow down where this was actually cashed. This man is tricky. After really digging deep researching I found another review saying that Steve Ehrhardt, the dj's name that is on our contract (in Michigan), was a no show for a wedding that he was supposed to dj in Colorado. I highly doubt this man was going to fly to Michigan to DJ a wedding for $600. My fiance called the number on the website last night and got ahold of a man named 'William', who said that we could not meet our DJ until the wedding and everything is done on the phone or internet, but Steve would be there. I was never once asked for name pronunciations, either, something pretty important at a wedding for introductions! Shame on me for trusting that everyone in this world is a good person. I would like to press charges when I see that he doesn't show up for his wedding, but how would I get ahold of this man if I can't even get ahold of him now? Who knows is Steve Ehrhardt or Steve Thomas is really his name? Any reviews that are on here saying that he was excellent was probably from him. The website he has seems very legit, but don't buy into it. He is a smart & tricky guy.
Yell 

Re: Brides Beware! DJ SCAM!!!!

• edited December 2011
    That is really horrible.  I'm happy you found out before you wedding and I hope you can get something in place.  You should definitely report the company to the Better Business Bureau and I think you report fraud to the attorney general of your state. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • melanie220melanie220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is terrible!  Thanks for letting everyone know.  I also want to warn all future brides and grooms DO NOT USE COMPLETE MUSIC EITHER!  They are a horrible DJ service.  They do not play the music you request and they did not even play my special dance songs.  They do not care about the customer and are rude and ignorant!
  • donnastardjdonnastardj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cannot believe what I just read.  I am a professional DJ business and would hope that company or companies would go out of business for committing fraud!  I am a one-woman DJ company specializing in weddings.  I meet face to face with my clients (that is imperative for any bride & grooms to do to MEET with their actual DJ).  Ask for references as well!!!!  Best wishes and congratulations to future brides and grooms.  If I can be of any assistance - please call me at 717-246-STAR/7827 or visit my website at http://www.donnastarentertainment.com.  I serve the MD, PA, DE, DC & VA areas.  Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_brides-beware-dj-scam-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:712cd109-8139-49f1-acae-8cad82e1cf47Post:e52a0172-a26b-4504-878f-e581bdd17091">Re: Brides Beware! DJ SCAM!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cannot believe what I just read.  I am a professional DJ business and would hope that company or companies would go out of business for committing fraud!  I am a one-woman DJ company specializing in weddings.  I meet face to face with my clients (that is imperative for any bride & grooms to do to MEET with their actual DJ).  Ask for references as well!!!!  Best wishes and congratulations to future brides and grooms.  If I can be of any assistance - please call me at 717-246-STAR/7827 or visit my website at <a href="http://www.donnastarentertainment.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.donnastarentertainment.com</a> .  I serve the MD, PA, DE, DC & VA areas.  Thank you!
    Posted by donnastardj[/QUOTE]
    Donna- vendors are NOT allowed to post on these boards.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_brides-beware-dj-scam-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:712cd109-8139-49f1-acae-8cad82e1cf47Post:12dbbded-c387-4bfd-8a50-4294d53f5b6d">Re: Brides Beware! DJ SCAM!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is terrible!  Thanks for letting everyone know.  I also want to warn all future brides and grooms DO NOT USE COMPLETE MUSIC EITHER!  They are a horrible DJ service.  They do not play the music you request and they did not even play my special dance songs.  They do not care about the customer and are rude and ignorant!
    Posted by melanie220[/QUOTE]

Oh I wish I had not just read that. We've already given our deposit to Complete Music in Ontario. My photographers highly recommended them and they seemed very professional at our meeting, but now I won't be able to get this out of my head!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards