Rhode Island

Invites

I am looking for a place to get invites. My STD were done at Crosstown press, and I don't mind going there again to look for invites-- but I wanted to check some other places.
Do you girls know any places in Northern RI.

I am also thinking o fmaking  a trip to NE invites in E.Greenwich.

I went to RSVP in Cumberland and can not express what an odd experience i had there. I was in the store for over 2 hours and couldn't get a price out of the woman on the invites until the end when she told me they were going to be $13 pp (WAY over my budget).

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Invites

• I went to Wishes Under Wrap, but they were going to charge me more than Crosstown Press so we went with Crosstown and I couldn't be happier. The owner was such a joy to work with and he worked with our budget as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DiLynn83DiLynn83 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I'm using Jen Strunk.  She's in CT but she met me in Warwick.  I've been really happy with her so far and my invites are WAY less than $13 each (ouch)

Her website is www.designerjen.org and she's on fb too...
  • We are using Jen Strunk as well and couldn't be happier.  She is a pleasure to work with and offers very personalized services at a reasonable price. 
  • The Bakery Boutique actually has invitations too. Check out their website, they might have a section dedicated to it!
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • have you considered working with a independent designer?  I worked with Jennifer Crawford - metzcrawford@hotmail.com - and while she is out of state, I was easily able to send her links to my "favorite styles/looks" and she was able to blend my favorite elements into one unique invitation suite (invites, programs, favor tags, TY notes, etc.) custom to my wedding for a fraction of the price of any invitations shop or online site I saw.   She would email the PDF files to look at during the layout period and send a hard copy for approval in the mail.  It was an easy process!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_invites-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:b3068fe6-8a0a-4754-bff6-5db53ab75cfaPost:bb9e755b-d66c-4a1f-b569-346a75490bd8">Re: Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]have you considered working with a independent designer?  I worked with Jennifer Crawford - metzcrawford@hotmail.com - and while she is out of state, I was easily able to send her links to my "favorite styles/looks" and she was able to blend my favorite elements into one unique invitation suite (invites, programs, favor tags, TY notes, etc.) custom to my wedding for a fraction of the price of any invitations shop or online site I saw.   She would email the PDF files to look at during the layout period and send a hard copy for approval in the mail.  It was an easy process!!!!
    Posted by ayamm1123[/QUOTE]
    did she also do the printing?I used an etsy designer to do my save the dates. but the printing cost me a lot so I want to cut down on that cost. Someone that is printing multiple things or has a relationship with the printer would probably get better pricing this is why i ask
  • Jen Strunk does all the design work, assembly and production.  She is in the process of finalizing our prototype and I can't wait.  She took everything we liked and pulled it together. 
  • The one thing I keep fantasizing about!  I just love stationary stuff.  I SO wanted to use this woman, but our budget is super low - like $40 off Vistaprint low.  http://www.moonlightstamper.com/
    Her stuff is printed, assembled and hand-stamped.  LOVE her work!  This may be my one regret from the wedding.  I'm getting married in 9 days and still think about her invites.
    And she's out of Attleboro.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nine days....wow - you must be so excited!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • One Bella Design is the invites place inside the bakery boutique. I am probably ordering paper from her to do my insert of reception/info card to match my invites. She seemed to understand people were on budgets as i said i would be printing myself-but im not sure of her invite prices.

ordering from an online deisgner is also an option.  I was trying to find a palm invites and after many online searches I came across mydesignsensations.com She is out of hawaii and she hand paints the invites. She does mostly tropical designs on the website but has some other examples. But we corresponded mostly through email and phone. We just got our final hard copy proof in the mail and she prints everything. I went somewhat overbudget but i think for the work i get it looks like it cost me a heck of alot more. Hence why i am making my own 1 insert card that matches the color envelope. I ordered the flat panel invite to stay in the cheaper tier which includes invite with rsvp and envelopes with design (under $4).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also am using Jen Strunk and only have high praises for her! She gave me EXACTLY what I had envisioned in my head, and such a pleasure to work with! She'll travel to meet you and then goes through making the invitations step by step via e-mail. I just received the mock-up of my invite and absolutely love it!
  • I heard great things about paper moon, papers, and also paper moss.  Stay away from NE invitations in EG. She is such a rip off and not the nicest to deal with.  I went there and the way she made it seem was that if I wasn't going to spend a ton, she couldnt hardly bother. Also very expensive! Good luck!

• thanks! I just wanted yu girls to know I ended up going with the Paper Perfectionist.she is out of Lincoln.
    I found her online through mutual friends (she also happened to date my brother like 20 years ago)...and she is so nice, does everything BY hand in her home, and her designs are really great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards