Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Silly idea?

My fiance and I have a rather unusual first dance song (Sunday Morning by Maroon 5) but we thought it might serve well to get the special kids in our life (nieces, nephews, etc...) involved since we're not having children in the wedding party (only a maid of honor and best man, no flower girl or ringbearer).  There's a horn section in the middle of the song where we thought it would be fun to have the kids pop up in the crowd with fake horns and "air horn" for it (complete with sunglasses of course!) and then we'll have the dj invite everyone up on the floor to join us. 
Is this a totally silly idea or could it be something really fun for all?

Thanks for any input!

Re: Silly idea?

• Options
    I think it would be fun for everyone.  Of course, the kids will probably blow the horns the rest of the night, too!  Wink
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think its cute!!
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    Sounds awesome.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker {He Asked Me, I"M READY}
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_silly-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:fe510c7a-4102-4c6f-83c1-56b225aa95f6Post:014a1c73-7ca2-44d2-9f35-2dbffc99e958">Re: Silly idea?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's awfully cheesy, but that's just me.  If you love it, then go for it.  <strong>I'm kind of anti involving kids in a song that sexual though, personally.</strong>
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This was my first thought as well.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_silly-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:fe510c7a-4102-4c6f-83c1-56b225aa95f6Post:6a590200-5682-4bc9-89dd-29a332038de3">Re: Silly idea?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silly idea? : This was my first thought as well.
    Posted by snwilson0416[/QUOTE]

<div>Mine too.  Then there's this lyric....</div><div>
    </div><div><span style="color:#000000;font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica;line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">"And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew</span></div><span style="color:#000000;font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica;line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">That someday it would bring me back to you"</span><div><font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000"><span style="line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font><div><span style="color:#000000;font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica;line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">Seems an odd choice for a wedding dance, but it's obviously your call.  </span><span style="color:#000000;font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica;line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">The kids idea in general is very cute.</span></div></div>
  • Options
    I think it sounds fun! Be sure to tell your photog ahead of time, so they are prepared to get some cute pics!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I think the idea is cute.  Getting the kids to do it might be difficult depending on ages.  and having it be a surprise will be difficult because their parents I'm guessing will need to know.  but why not involve the kids in a fun way?  as for the song choice I leave that up to your judgement....
  • Options
    Thanks for the input all.  I know it's an odd choice, but it's "our song" so we're going with it.  I guess I don't really consider it that sexual in nature but I will certainly keep it in mind that others might.  Guess in these days of kids singing along to "save a horse, ride a cowboy" the lines are easily blurred as to what's appropriate.  Appreciate all of the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards